First time cruiser question about going ashore

Katscankg

My husband and I are finally taking our first cruise in October and I would love some advice from you experienced cruisers about the safest way to carry i.d., ship card, credit card, cash etc. when going ashore. My concern is when we go to the beach and want to both swim what's the best way to keep our stuff secure?

I'm sure this won't be my last question as our cruise is quickly approaching, October 11, and my anticipation is growing! Thanks for the help!

Personally I use the small Witz box for beach and snorkeling which will hold a cruise card, DL, credit card and some cash. I would not purchase the passport size as there is absolutely no need to take a passport ashore. You can purchase them at many outdoor stores, marine stores like West Marine or directly from Witz.

http://www.witzsportcases.com/id-badge-holders.html

If your man has a velcroed pocket, put your stuff in there. Otherwise, don't bring too much. Caribbean beaches are VERY narrow, so you can easily see your stuff while you're in the water. I stick my stuff into the pages of an old paperback book....no one wants your old crap. They are looking for cameras/video recorders, etc.....don't bring those things ashore.

Your credit card, ID, ship's keys and even, cash! can get wet! Water doesn't hurt any of that stuff.

We use our husbands swimsuit velcro pockets and place a water wallet in their (money and sea pass), and I carry a KISS beach bag to lock to the chair.

We never take anything of value and the water camera is always with DH, (another Pocket).

If we are not able to buddy up with another family from the ship and take turns watching the beach stuf then one of us still stays with the beach stuff while the other two swim.

We have left our stuff on Labadee suite beach with no problem in the past 5 cruises. But that is theonly place we do it.

Enjoy

Sea Ya