Can Bon Voyage Experience Guests Bring Wine?

sfo2008

We are having some friends do the Bon Voyage Experience (BVE) with us. We were wondering whether THEY could bring a bottle of wine each without paying corkage?

Anyone actually do this?

Great question!!

The link certainly sounds encouraging. I'll call and confirm with Princess in AM as I have exact need for next Saturday- Crown sailing Calif. Coastal!!

I had wondered this myself.

I'll post their reply here too just to confirm.

Great question!!

The link certainly sounds encouraging. I'll call and confirm with Princess in AM as I have exact need for next Saturday- Crown sailing Calif. Coastal!!

I had wondered this myself.

I'll post their reply here too just to confirm.

Please post what happens we may try it on the island out of sf

Hmm, they get free wine with their lunch and should not have any luggage since they won't be staying on so my guess is no. Are you trying to have them get wine on for your consumption after they leave the ship?

But of course. Mind you high probability we end up drinking it in the dining room and paying corkage but we might not.

I just spoke with Princess and the reply is this:

There is nothing written or stated about being allowed or not being allowed to bring a bottle of wine/champagne aboard as a "Bon Voyage Experience" booked passenger.

The representatives statement was, "You could give it a try, it should be fine".

She had double checked this with her boss as well. There is nothing written that says you can not. (Or that you can.)

On my husband's BVE eTicket Boarding Pass it has the same carry on alcohol policy disclaimer as I have on my boarding pass, (I am a sailing passenger).

My understanding, as was that of the representative's, is that it is a discretionary call at each individual port. What may fly in San Pedro one day may not fly in San Pedro another. It should be acceptable, but someone always can be a bully and say No.

If this were to happen I would either protest it OR pay a $15 corcage fee for bringing more than one bottle of wine myself.

With that knowledge, my MDH and BVE guest will be bringing on board an average bottle of champagne.

The worst case scenario is that I will pay a $15 corcage fee for it.

Quite honestly though, I believe he will be documented for it (as I will the bottle I am bringing on board) and we will commence to having a lovely time during our Bon Voyage Party!

I will be certain to report the outcome after our sailing and let you know how it plays out. Like I said, I do believe it will be fine.

I choose to look at the glass as half full! We will see! :)