Holiday Inn Express: 1500 Commercial Blvd

chellecruise12

Hello!

Has anyone stayed here recently? We are looking to book a room the end of March 2015 and with the prices so high around the 17th Street area, we are looking out a little. We have a car so a 30 min drive is not an issue for us. Just don't want a roach motel..lol

Thanks for any recent reviews or hotel suggestions.

Yes, do tell! I also have a reservation here for 3 nights pre-cruise in January. We went off of Trip Advisor reviews, which are really good, for the most part. I do know, just by looking at Google Earth, that there isn't much around this property for tourists, but we will have a rental car and were looking for a property that wouldn't be mobbed with other cruisers (not that we don't LOVE our fellow cruisers!) all trying to check out at once.

Seems to be a modern, clean and well-managed hotel.

Yes, do tell! I also have a reservation here for 3 nights pre-cruise in January. We went off of Trip Advisor reviews, which are really good, for the most part. I do know, just by looking at Google Earth, that there isn't much around this property for tourists, but we will have a rental car and were looking for a property that wouldn't be mobbed with other cruisers (not that we don't LOVE our fellow cruisers!) all trying to check out at once.

Seems to be a modern, clean and well-managed hotel.

I have been reading reviews for hours & getting burnt out..lol

I also saw the suggestion of the Staybridge in Plantation which has decent prices..So many choices..lol Good luck to you also!!

Hello!

Has anyone stayed here recently? We are looking to book a room the end of March 2015 and with the prices so high around the 17th Street area, we are looking out a little. We have a car so a 30 min drive is not an issue for us. Just don't want a roach motel..lol

Thanks for any recent reviews or hotel suggestions.

Keep checking- we got the HIExpress on 17th St about 3 weeks ago for $116 for March 26th via Orbitz-price was good for about 3 days and then went back up- about 10 days later it went down again to $ 116 for a day and then back- It's highly rated and it's really nice to be on 17th ST. :D

Charlie

Keep checking- we got the HIExpress on 17th St about 3 weeks ago for $116 for March 26th via Orbitz-price was good for about 3 days and then went back up- about 10 days later it went down again to $ 116 for a day and then back- It's highly rated and it's really nice to be on 17th ST. :D

Charlie

Thanks for the tip..I'll keep checking then.. Yes, would love to be on 17th Street if possible. You got a great rate!! Congrats! :)

It's ok with a car there. The neighborhood isn't very nice. Just drive east on Commercial and you'll find plenty of restaurants once you cross US1, and the beach is a mile further.

Royalcruz, should I take this as it's "unsafe" to even take a morning walk, or just not attractive and touristy? We were ok with it being mostly a business area and weren't expecting much in the way of restaurants and/or shopping.

Royalcruz, should I take this as it's "unsafe" to even take a morning walk, or just not attractive and touristy? We were ok with it being mostly a business area and weren't expecting much in the way of restaurants and/or shopping.

Well, it's not the worst part of town but I personally wouldn't feel that safe walking around there unless it was in daylight and I was with people. If you have a car, it makes more sense to drive to the beach area if you want to take a walk.

Well, it's not the worst part of town but I personally wouldn't feel that safe walking around there unless it was in daylight and I was with people. If you have a car, it makes more sense to drive to the beach area if you want to take a walk.

Ditto this. Why not take a walk on the beach? Just head down Commercial to Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. It is such a pretty, quaint area.

Also a great walk is down Galt Ocean Mile. It is a really pretty stretch right before LBTS and it is little traffic and about .8 miles in each direction.

Sometimes the beach is REALLY hard to walk on.

Ditto this. Why not take a walk on the beach? Just head down Commercial to Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. It is such a pretty, quaint area.

Also a great walk is down Galt Ocean Mile. It is a really pretty stretch right before LBTS and it is little traffic and about .8 miles in each direction.

Sometimes the beach is REALLY hard to walk on.

Blue, Great idea, but Galt Ocean Mile is only before LBTS if you are coming from your house, LOL. :D The OP is coming from Commercial Blvd west of I95 so they have to go to A1A in LBTS and then take a right and they'll find Galt Ocean Drive about 1-2 miles south. It's between A1A and the ocean on the left. There is metered parking.

Edited by royalcruz

Blue, Great idea, but Galt Ocean Mile is only before LBTS if you are coming from your house, LOL. :D The OP is coming from Commercial Blvd west of I95 so they have to go to A1A in LBTS and then take a right and they'll find Galt Ocean Drive about 1-2 miles south. It's between A1A and the ocean on the left. There is metered parking.

Yes, I just had a brain fart...thanks for correcting me Sharon!

We love to ride our bikes north through Colee Hammock, through Victoria Park, then down to the beach via Sunrise, north on A1A, through Galt, then up to either Aruba, Village Grill, or 101! We just have to take it easy on the cocktails so we can make it home.

Yes, I just had a brain fart...thanks for correcting me Sharon!

We love to ride our bikes north through Colee Hammock, through Victoria Park, then down to the beach via Sunrise, north on A1A, through Galt, then up to either Aruba, Village Grill, or 101! We just have to take it easy on the cocktails so we can make it home.

Blue, That's a nice long bike ride. I wouldn't even make it one way without the cocktails! :D I was just at Village Grill for lunch Monday and went into the new LaSpadas last week (they moved to a bigger spot on Commercial).

Blue, That's a nice long bike ride. I wouldn't even make it one way without the cocktails! :D I was just at Village Grill for lunch Monday and went into the new LaSpadas last week (they moved to a bigger spot on Commercial).

It's a beautiful bike ride! I highly recommend!

How was LaSpadas?

Did you see what the Big City people are doing to the old Solitas? Not only is it gutted but they've taken out the front and back of the building and naming it Louis Bossi's after the BCT Executive Chef and it will be amazing Italian.

It's a beautiful bike ride! I highly recommend!

How was LaSpadas?

Did you see what the Big City people are doing to the old Solitas? Not only is it gutted but they've taken out the front and back of the building and naming it Louis Bossi's after the BCT Executive Chef and it will be amazing Italian.

LaSpadas is great. I like their chicken salad. I just did take-out but I think there are a few tables there now. I had a problem with PaybyPhone parking that day so I was running late and was too frazzeled to stop and notice much.

I think that Louis Bossi's is going to be a big hit. Las Olas is getting younger and younger so reasonably priced trendy dining is the way to go!