Next big NCL sale???

NancyL2

Just wondering if there is a scheduled sale from NCL cruises?

Don't they have a couple of big wow sales per year?

My daughter is looking into booking an Alaskan Cruise for next September and trying to get a good price.

Thanks for any help.

I believe it's RCL that has "WOW" sales, not NCL. NCL has "DASH" sales.

Last one was end of August into September.

lol well that shows how much of a newbie I am to NCL. lol

Any idea if they will have a DASH sale around the end of the year?

Food for thought: Is it smarter to wait for a sale and hope that what you want is available, or to just go ahead and book now with the idea that you can take advantage of current availability, still have the option to cancel/rebook IF a sale comes along, and have the ability to take advantage of the price guarantee when applicable?

Food for thought: Is it smarter to wait for a sale and hope that what you want is available, or to just go ahead and book now with the idea that you can take advantage of current availability, still have the option to cancel/rebook IF a sale comes along, and have the ability to take advantage of the price guarantee when applicable?

Very true....but we're looking at September 2015.

My daughter and her husband would be booking an inside. And I would get a balcony accross the hall or close by.

We're willing to take our chances on the rooms and waiting for a sale.

Very true....but we're looking at September 2015.

My daughter and her husband would be booking an inside. And I would get a balcony accross the hall or close by.

We're willing to take our chances on the rooms and waiting for a sale.

That isn't the best strategy.

You know what the price is right now. The price in the future will be either lower, higher, or the same.

If the future price is lower, you can always get the price adjustment, PLUS you get the advantage of booking now while there are more options for open cabins.

If the future price is higher, people who book now will save money while those who wait will be stuck paying the higher price with less available cabins to select from.

If the price is the same, when you book won't matter (price-wise), but booking now gives you more available cabin options.

No matter what happens, you are better off booking now. If you wait, you run the risk of higher prices PLUS you will always have less options as far as picking your cabin(s).

The ship you are interested in will play a large role in getting an inside and balcony close together. If considering the Epic, Getaway or Breakaway, you may want to go ahead and book sooner rather than later. There are a limited number of cabins that would meet your specification as there simply aren't as many inside cabins truly across the hall from the balconies. These ships have inside corridors for most of their inside cabins so you stand a chance of not truly being "across the hall" from them. Just something to keep in mind if these are the ships you're looking at.

And, never mind all that. I just realized you said Alaskan cruise. None of those ships go there. I blame my mental lapse on the lateness of the hour!

Edited by tarps14

Yes, but if you are before the final pay in full date you just cancel your previous reservation and rebook with the same room and the better rate.

Can you do that and keep the same room?? And keep your previous incentive? Is this only with ncl or with a travel agent as well??

Thank you!

Can you do that and keep the same room?? And keep your previous incentive? Is this only with ncl or with a travel agent as well??

Thank you!

You can't always keep the same incentive you booked previously. But if the knew deal is better than the previous incentives then you would cancel and rebook with the new incentives. Again, yes you could keep the same room. Almost every year I book a cruise year in advance and then when the kids sail free promotion comes along I add it to my reservation. You can do the same thing with the dash sale but you'll just have to determine at that time wether you are receiving a better deal. some offers cannot be combined. If you haven't already I highly suggest you get an AARP membership even if you are under 50..they have associate memberships for people under 50...you can possibly save a couple hundred that way. I posted a thread about it on here some time ago if you want to look for it.

Edited by cruisecritiquer

Not sure what "Sale" we had a few months ago when we booked the Sun for February but we each got 3 "free" meals at the specialty restaurants.

FYI, we booked this cruise at the end of May. We got a forward mini suite, total cost was $2539.00. As of today the cabin next to us is now $3952.00. It usually pays to book early

Also by booking 9 months or more in advance you get additional Latitudes points and could qualify for AARP discount. I recently got a $400 price reduction on an April 2015 cruise, and since I put my original deposit down more than 9 months out I got a lower price, same cabin, and still get extra Latitudes points. Every time I book sooner rather than later it has been to my advantage.

Also by booking 9 months or more in advance you get additional Latitudes points and could qualify for AARP discount. I recently got a $400 price reduction on an April 2015 cruise, and since I put my original deposit down more than 9 months out I got a lower price, same cabin, and still get extra Latitudes points. Every time I book sooner rather than later it has been to my advantage.

There are two types of AARP discounts. :) One of them requires you to book 9 months out. The other does not. I can price my sailing right now (which is 31 days out and I still get $60.00 off on say...an M4 category.

Do you happen to know if that is per person or total? The cruise rate, that is.

From what my TA told me, the OBC is calculated based on the total fare of the room (before taxes). With this new promo and the huge OBC I get from my TA, I would need to spend a lot on the ship. :D

From what my TA told me, the OBC is calculated based on the total fare of the room (before taxes). With this new promo and the huge OBC I get from my TA, I would need to spend a lot on the ship. :D

Wait!! So NYC12345---you can combine the two offers??? I have a lot to learn...right now my ta is giving $100 per room