Next big NCL sale???

NancyL2

Does Norwegian have sales that are for "new booking only"?

RCCL have those so it's not always a good idea to book early. Not sure about Norwegian?

We always book early with RCCL and if the price goes down before we pay in full, the booking is cancelled internally (or whatever they do) and rebooked at the better rate. Have also done this with Celebrity and never had any problems securing the lower rate. If however, you have paid in full and want to "upgrade" after final payment, you can also do this and just pay the additional fee. We have also done this with RCCL and Celebrity for a suite or suite guarantee.

Always best to book early and get your choice of cabin. I have also been watching the trends and the prices for most sailings, especially if during a peak vacation period are increasing. Our two week winter cruise on the Eclipse has gone up $1000 for the same cabin if booked today! We booked it about 18 months ago.

Edited by Cruise a holic

The on board credit is up to $2000 per cabin and is valid on passengers 1-8 so people who buy a family suite will get a good deal. It combines with AARP etc

My dreamvacation - thanks for letting us about this upcoming promotion.

I also wanted to let everyone know that NCL has already started increasing prices in anticipation of this upcoming sale.

We are currently booked on a Spa suite on Escape for January 16, 2016 (yes, we book as soon as the sailing are released). We initially paid $2149 pp when we book in April. I checked last week and the price had increased to $2219, which is not a significant increase. I just checked a couple of minutes ago and the price has now increased to $2449 pp. In one week, the price increased by $230 pp, which is a 10% increase - coincidence or is NCL increasing the prices by 10%. However, the increase in price is not associated with supply and demand as there are still 11 of the 13 Spa suites available.

The price of our cruise to Alaska for next summer has also increased by 10%.

Edited by jmele999

My dreamvacation - thanks for letting us about this upcoming promotion.

I also wanted to let everyone know that NCL has already started increasing prices in anticipation of this upcoming sale.

We are currently booked on a Spa suite on Escape for January 16, 2016 (yes, we book as soon as the sailing are released). We initially paid $2149 pp when we book in April. I checked last week and the price had increased to $2219, which is not a significant increase. I just checked a couple of minutes ago and the price has now increased to $2449 pp. In one week, the price increased by $230 pp, which is a 10% increase - coincidence or is NCL increasing the prices by 10%. However, the increase in price is not associated with supply and demand as there are still 11 of the 13 Spa suites available.

The price of our cruise to Alaska for next summer has also increased by 10%.

I've noticed the same thing. We originally booked during a DASH sale and paid $1519 pp for a Spa Balcony on BA. It dropped down to $1379 pp about 6 weeks ago. Then it dropped all the way down to $1229 pp around 3 weeks ago (thankfully, I called and rebooked at the lower price. Lost my dash OBC, but the nearly $600 in savings was totally worth it!). Then last week it jumped back up to $1339 pp; then yesterday to $1379 pp. I figured the increases were to pad for the upcoming sale.

I was just checking on the prices on my cruise (12/13/14, Getaway) and saw that they had increased fairly significantly. In fact, my cabin price has increased from $1500 pp from when I booked about 16 months ago. Now, I don't think that increase is related to the sale, because the price for an H6 has been increasing fairly steadily for several months. I only mention that as a reminder that the price does not always drop.

But, I also noticed that the fares were up for pretty much all cabins, including the inside cabins that usually start dropping after the 90 day final payment date. Seems like they are up about $50-$100 pp since last month. I figured the cruise must be selling better than most, but after hearing about the upcoming sale, I think the mystery is solved.

I know some will likely disagree with this statement, but I kind of have to give NCL props for some creative marketing with the 10% OBC offer. They get customers to feel like they are getting a deal, sell more cabins, and don't lose any money. The inner business geek in me has to respect that.