Power Plug Extension (5 plugs)- 3 Prongs

Fitforlife

Carnival will confiscate your extension cords if they see them. They took mine and I could retrieve it just before we disembarked.

From Carnival.Com FAQ's:

RESTRICTED ITEMS – SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits bringing certain items onboard. Additionally, we reserve the right to confiscate (and destroy) any articles that in our discretion are considered dangerous or pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, or our guests, and no compensation will be provided.

<snip>

Exceptions:

• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons, and shavers, are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

• Electronics such as laptops, cameras, cellular phones, etc. are allowed on board when used with proper caution.

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devises are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

gary

I got one of these at Target for $5[ATTACH]325785[/ATTACH]. It even has a night light. I also got one at Staples for $15 and that one has a spot for USB's too (for IPads or IPhone)

If this is the kind I'm thinking it is, it won't work as the plug is recessed into a housing so the prongs won't reach, The first time I carried one like that it wouldn't reach. I use a little "pig tail" extension cord (1 ft. X 3 outlets) this works well. Have a Blessed Trip! Mikey<><

If this is the kind I'm thinking it is, it won't work as the plug is recessed into a housing so the prongs won't reach, The first time I carried one like that it wouldn't reach. I use a little "pig tail" extension cord (1 ft. X 3 outlets) this works well. Have a Blessed Trip! Mikey<><

I bought this at Target also, 2 outlets and 2 USB. Worked great on Miracle and Freedom,no problem plugging it into the vanity outlet.

Edited by WindsorFred

On all my trips, we bring a plastic box with 2 15-foot extension cords to reach the side tables on both sides of the bed plus a 3-foot surge protector...and a travel size Vornado fan. Carnival says they MAY confiscate them if they are deemed to pose a hazard. So far, they look harmless enough. :D

On all my trips, we bring a plastic box with 2 15-foot extension cords to reach the side tables on both sides of the bed plus a 3-foot surge protector...and a travel size Vornado fan. Carnival says they MAY confiscate them if they are deemed to pose a hazard. So far, they look harmless enough. :D

The one item they may be more likely to confiscate is the surge protector. As long as the cords are in good condition, and are fairly hefty, they are fine. The surge protector is not needed onboard, and causes difficulties with the ship's electrical system. Save some money and get the 6 outlet "power strips" that are NOT surge protectors.

The one item they may be more likely to confiscate is the surge protector. As long as the cords are in good condition, and are fairly hefty, they are fine. The surge protector is not needed onboard, and causes difficulties with the ship's electrical system. Save some money and get the 6 outlet "power strips" that are NOT surge protectors.

My mistake. I do use a power strip and not a surge protector.

We use one of these Belkin mini's on every cruise - compact, swivel plug, three outlets, 2 usb charging points... handles everything we need!

BZ103050-TVL.JPG

After our last Dream cruise with only one outlet for everything, I too bought the Belkin. I haven't used it yet on a cruise. But have taken it on several trips and it works great. Make sure to buy the newer model as the older model doesn't put out enough amps to charge some newer devices if you plug two into the USB as it splits the amperage output. Apparently, my eBook and Ipad take more juice than anything else I take along.

I like it so much I bought a second one that I use at home. It charges two devices using the USB ports much faster than the adapters that came with the devices. I ended up putting together a dedicated travel bag with the Belkin, USB cords for everything we take on trips, and one extra wall adapter just in case. That set up allows me to plug in everything we need and have it charged overnight or in a couple of hours.