Table for 13 possible in MDR?

L&J

Is it possible to get a table for 13? We have assigned early seating. My parents are taking their 3 daughters and their families on a cruise. We live all over the country so we want to be able to dine together while on holidays. Four of the kids are under 11 years old so they could squeeze a little tighter on a bench if there's long table of 12. Our cabin reservations are linked. Should i contact the M'D ahead to request this?

We had 13 at a round table on the Paradise. Seemed to fit 14. The table was way too big to talk comfortably.

It was easier when we were at a long table.

Even though the kids are little their place settings are standard for everyone.

Edited by SadieN

Please note that all reservations/cabins must be linked in order to get an assigned table this size. If they are NOT linked, the maître d' can only look to see if you can be accommodated after you board, and most likely you will NOT be together the first night. If your parents made all the arrangements and did link your cabins you should be okay. You can't request where they seat you or change where they seat you until after you're on board.

We had 15 last year for a family cruise. I contacted the Maitre'd by email prior to the ship sailing, and I made certain all bookings were linked. The dining room staff went above and beyond creating one long table for our group. It was fabulous and the highlight of our cruise was a big communal dinner every night, like a week's worth of X-mas dinners.

We had 13 at a round table on the Paradise. Seemed to fit 14. The table was way too big to talk comfortably.

It was easier when we were at a long table.

Even though the kids are little their place settings are standard for everyone.

Our group of 19 on the Paradise got split into a large round table for 12 with two nearby tables for 3 (younger boys) and 4 (teenage girls). The adults and older teen boys shared the table for 12. I don't remember it being too big to have decent conversations but it was tight with all of those plates :)

We were hoping to be seated together, but 19 was just too big. We did have a problem with service not being synchronized between the tables. Dessert orders were being taken for our large table while the kids hadn't even gotten their dinners. That happened only once or twice.

I was noticing how crowded the round table for 12 was on the Dream. If you asked for 13 they would probably use it and it would barely have room for your table settings.

Our experience on the Dream for a group of 13 is we had the option of 2 round tables near each other in the center or 1 long table that will seat 14.

Is it possible to get a table for 13? We have assigned early seating. My parents are taking their 3 daughters and their families on a cruise. We live all over the country so we want to be able to dine together while on holidays. Four of the kids are under 11 years old so they could squeeze a little tighter on a bench if there's long table of 12. Our cabin reservations are linked. Should i contact the M'D ahead to request this?

How about a table for 10 and a side table for the kids. (would be so much easier. We had 2 tables of 10 for our family. We had to rotate our seats at night in order to "visit" with other family members for dinner.

having one long table-- the people on one end will not be able to have a conversation with the people at the other end..

Shoot. The maitre d just emailed me back saying the tables only accommodate 11. Can't they push a few rectangular ones along the side together? I'd rather sit all together since all kids behave better when sitting with their parents ;) They range from 5-18.

We are rarely all in the same place at the same time. Was really looking forward to dining as a big group.

Shoot. The maitre d just emailed me back saying the tables only accommodate 11. Can't they push a few rectangular ones along the side together? I'd rather sit all together since all kids behave better when sitting with their parents ;) They range from 5-18.

We are rarely all in the same place at the same time. Was really looking forward to dining as a big group.

LOL, we've already done it, exactly 13 on the Dream, they did it for us and we aren't special.

With the round tables in the center, it was 2 tables so the maître D is correct.

But when on the side we sat towards the rear of the dinning room at one long table with everyone. Kids on one end and adults on the other. No gap between any of the tables.

BTW, we were YTD if you couldn't tell.

Edited by fuddrules