Anytime Dining?

smeck

If you get a wait team that you enjoy can you request them for future dining? Also can you make reservations one day at a time? I'm use to Royals system and trying to grasp how Princess handles anytime dining.

The answer to your question is "there is no answer to your question". Every ship handles it differently.

Some ships allow you to make a cruise-long reservation.

Some ships allow only daily reservations.

Some ships allow reservations early or late.

Some ships allow you to request specific wait staff or even a specific table.

Or any combination of the above.

What is allowed on your specific cruise is determined by the current policy established by the Maitre Di'. Find him on day 1 and see what it is.

Enjoy!

Just back from Sapphire Princess yesterday and we had anytime dining.

On the first evening we dined in the Savoy restaurant, the service was fantastic, we went the next night at a similar time and requested the same table, NO PROBLEM from then on we always had the same table and it was classed as a regular reservation, in fact the waiters were looking for us each evening.

If you get a wait team that you enjoy can you request them for future dining? Also can you make reservations one day at a time? I'm use to Royals system and trying to grasp how Princess handles anytime dining.

You can certainly request the same wait staff although that could add to your wait time. In our opinion, Princess' Anytime Dining is not run as smoothly as Royal. On Princess you can not make reservations online before the cruise. Their policies vary by ship and cruise. They also allow Traditional diners to use Anytime dining, which is not fair as it adds to the congestion and wait time.

Although we love My Time dining on Royal, on Princess we avoid it, taking late Traditional at a table for two.

If you are booked in a full suite, you can eat just about anytime you want and in any dining room.
Passengers in full suites can order room service from the dining room menus during the hours the dining rooms are in operation. They also get preferred anytime dining reservations.

Passengers in full suites can order room service from the dining room menus during the hours the dining rooms are in operation. They also get preferred anytime dining reservations.

Thanks, I was already aware of that since we always cruise in full suites.

However, the only time we use room service is for breakfast on the morning when we disembark the ship.:)

We cruise Princess full suites and they are great taking care of us for Anytime Dining.

We also love lunch and Dinner on our balcony ordering from the full menu as a relaxing option to the dining room and specialty restaurants. The only way to beat that is UBD (which we also love)!

The answer to your question is "there is no answer to your question". Every ship handles it differently.

Some ships allow you to make a cruise-long reservation.

Some ships allow only daily reservations.

Some ships allow reservations early or late.

Some ships allow you to request specific wait staff or even a specific table.

Or any combination of the above.

Enjoy!

The above is so true. Each ship handles it differently.

Whatever, we truly enjoy Anytime and would never want to go back to Traditional. :)

LuLu

Our experience on the Grand last year:

On the second night (of 10) we fell in love with our servers. Each day, usually in the afternoon when we would return from our port adventures, I would call and request a dining time based on whatever we had going on that day in the dining room our favorites were assigned to. When we showed up, I simply requested a table in their section and never had a problem. I believe there was one night the table ahead of us hadn't quite cleared out yet and we had to wait a couple extra minutes and one other night they were hesitant because there were several other larger parties already in that area but it worked out great for us.

Your waitstaff can have such a big impact on your whole cruise experience. In fact, when we booked our upcoming cruise, my dad asked "Will Ferdi (our FABULOUS server) be there?"

They also allow Traditional diners to use Anytime dining, which is not fair as it adds to the congestion and wait time.

To be fair there are some ships which check the cruise cards of diners requesting access to the AT dining rooms and put those that were in traditional in the back of the queue to seat AT diners first. Sounded like a move in the right direction.

To be fair there are some ships which check the cruise cards of diners requesting access to the AT dining rooms and put those that were in traditional in the back of the queue to seat AT diners first. Sounded like a move in the right direction.

Wish all Princess ships would do that but sadly they don't. :(

LuLu