Birthdays?

heatherandfred

Cruiselines have b-day cakes they will sell you...and decorations you can buy....or you could bring the decorations with you. At age 1, whatever you do will be for YOU! He's not going to remember any of it! The waiters will sing, if you ask them!

Tell the waiters, get a small candle on a slice of cake and have them sing.

Take a picture of your kid with the cake for the memories and leave it at that. Don't spend MORE money that you don't have to spend. The photo of your child at his 1st birthday in the dining room with a candle and two well dressed waiters should be more than enough. :)

Edited by Mack2

A cute t-shirt or onsie that points out that today is my birthday would be nice, then he would get even more attention than a little one normally does.

Get a video of your son attacking the cake -- and don't worry about trying to feed it to him or trying to convince him to use a fork or anything. It is his birthday - let loose!

DD turns 19YO today (off at college) -- and the video my BIL took of her eating her cake is among my favorites. (my sister admits that in hindsight it may have made more sense to have given her a piece with yellow frosting rather than the royal, but the contrast between the bright blue frosting and her white-blonde hair made for great photography :D!)

That's what I was thinking Mack. Too young to appreciate it. But we'll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She doesn't remember... but it's freaking AWESOME!!!

One of my favorite cruise memories...

188441_1013316622338_6250_n.jpg?oh=f96a666d5370da31574914050073b140&oe=54BF4FDC&__gda__=1422420715_f2a93e53abe9d07af5896412eadadc8d

Curacao - Ostrich Farm

It was around 8 years ago on the Adventure of the Seas out of Puerto Rico, Southern Caribbean cruise.

http://www.curacaoostrichfarm.com/

They're only young like that once and it's great to have these memories while they are... even if it's only for the parents to remember. :)

Edited by Mack2

Even if the child may not have specific memories of trips that they took when they were infants, a person is a sum of all of their experiences.

If only those things we "remember" are important as to who we become -- we could just deposit infants into robotic pods that would automatically care for their physical needs until they turn 4 (or 6 or 8 or some other "magic" age) at which point they'd get spit out into the world.

While DD no longer remembers the trip we took to California when she was bearly 8MO, it floored me that when she was exactly 3YO and we were on the plane to New Mexico - we were talking and her dad mentioned we were going to be in the mountains. He went on to say she had never seen mountains before -- She was indignant and insisted she had seen a mountain and it "had water coming out of it". He and I looked at each other realizing she was telling us about Yosemite. We have no pictures from that trip, and while we may have mentioned the trip a few times, we did not really ever dwell on the trip, let alone spend much time talking about the day we spent at Yosemite, but at that time she remembered.

While she may or may not have specific memories from some of the multitude of trips we took over her 19 years contribute greatly to the person she is now. I do not regret any of the trips with her. You go and have a great time on his special day. Happy Birthday!

Beautifully said! We will definitely enjoy! Thank you.

Even if the child may not have specific memories of trips that they took when they were infants, a person is a sum of all of their experiences.

If only those things we "remember" are important as to who we become -- we could just deposit infants into robotic pods that would automatically care for their physical needs until they turn 4 (or 6 or 8 or some other "magic" age) at which point they'd get spit out into the world.

While DD no longer remembers the trip we took to California when she was bearly 8MO, it floored me that when she was exactly 3YO and we were on the plane to New Mexico - we were talking and her dad mentioned we were going to be in the mountains. He went on to say she had never seen mountains before -- She was indignant and insisted she had seen a mountain and it "had water coming out of it". He and I looked at each other realizing she was telling us about Yosemite. We have no pictures from that trip, and while we may have mentioned the trip a few times, we did not really ever dwell on the trip, let alone spend much time talking about the day we spent at Yosemite, but at that time she remembered.

While she may or may not have specific memories from some of the multitude of trips we took over her 19 years contribute greatly to the person she is now. I do not regret any of the trips with her. You go and have a great time on his special day. Happy Birthday!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums