Jeans for Caribbean cruise - Do I need them?

Jodygirl

I was planning on bringing capris and shorts along for the most part. Do I need a pair of jeans for night? Didn't know if it really got that cool or not. Any help would be appreciated. icon_smile.gif Thanks.

Jody in KS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until our first cruise on the Sensation!

Hiicon_smile.gif I never bring jeans with me..even if it is cool in the evenings (in the Caribbean most of the year it stays warm)..but even if it cools off...I usually stay dressed in my dinner clothes throughout the entire evening.

I leave the jeans home for a cruise..but that is just me.

Have a wonderful timeicon_smile.gif.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Nope,

You don't need a pair of jeans for night. It will be warm in the Caribbean and jeans are often frowned upon as evening wear and not allowed in dining rooms at night. Save your suitcase space for something else icon_smile.gif.

It can get cool at night due to powerful shipboard A/C, so if you get chilly easily, you might want to bring a nice sweater, shoulder cover, etc.

Nope! Not unless you really, really want them. Saw some people walking around in jeans at night on the Adventure last year, but not many.

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

You might want jeans depending on any excursions you might take. I throw a pair in if I know I'm going to be horseback riding. icon_smile.gif

pour.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is too short to drink cheap wine.68.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Premier Royale 1985

CCL Holiday 09/89

CCL Tropicale 09/94

CCL Fantasy 02/98

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 06/01

CCL Fascination 08/02

CCL Imagination 01/03

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 07/03

Nope...no jeans. I've never needed them for a caribbean cruise. icon_cool.gif

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0000

I always throw in a pair of jeans and always end up wearing them in some capacity or another (not dinner!!)...The temperature on the ships can be very cool...I have been known to wear them during the day especially if it's raining...

RCI Rhapsody of the Seas Apr '04

RCI Navigator of the Seas Nov '03

Celebrity Summit Nov '02

Celebrity Zenith Nov '00

Thanks. By evening, I meant after dinner if we are just hanging out. I think I will leave them at home and bring a light sweater as an alternative to jeans. Thanks for the replies. icon_smile.gif

Jody in KS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until our first cruise on the Sensation!

No! No jeans! The weather in the Caribbean is beautiful and warm year-round. icon_wink.gif I don't recall seeing more than a handful of people in jeans, and that was probably on embarkation night. You'll look and feel more comfortable in your dinner outfits! icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

I wouldn't take jeans cuz if it does happen to rain (light and quick showers maybe) the jeans take forever to dry. A better option would be some of the pretty cotton cargo pants that would dry quickly. Plus it is very humid, so cotton is the best all round choice of day time wear anyway cuz it breaths.

On my Caribbean cruise I loved wandering the decks late at night. It was NOT cold, but sometimes it sure got windy. SOOOO, I went back to my cabin and pulled out my cute sweat pants and wore those outside. It was dark, and I was very cozy and comfortable. I just threw on a long sleeved shirt over my tank top and that was plenty warm for me. This was often my very early morning stroll or "run to the Lido deck" outfit to see what yummy snack I could find before breakfast when I was awake waay too early.

Mariposa

Archived