Quantum Drink Packages Price too high?

rjuray

OK What do you think about the drink packages. I just started to buy the ultimate package for $55 a day for me and my husband, They tack on a $115.50 service charge so the price went up from $770 per week to $885.50 per week for the two of us. Seems really high.

OK What do you think about the drink packages. I just started to buy the ultimate package for $55 a day for me and my husband, They tack on a $115.50 service charge so the price went up from $770 per week to $885.50 per week for the two of us. Seems really high.

Royal is now adding 15% service charge to the prices.

Before the change, the Ultimate price was $65/day or $910 for two for a week.

After the change, you are coming out a bit better. All the other packages went up in price.

It's a matter of personal choice and habit. It's not that hard to ring up over $65 per day in beverages, especially if you like bottled water, red bull, specialty coffees and better brand bar drinks. A vodka drink with something like Stoli or Ketel One is about $8.00. Red Bull is $4 per can. Coffee drinks and waters add up, too. If you don't care about specialty coffees, Red Bull, etc, you can save a little with the Premium Package. You also don't both have to buy it. If one of you drinks more, then maybe just purchase one.

But think about your consumption and add it up and then decide. It may seem like a lot, but an awful lot of people get very shocked by the bill that gets slipped under the door, too :)

I have rarely spent less than $65/day and I am not stumbling about the ship in a stupor.

Edited by MattInFLL

It's a matter of personal choice and habit. It's not that hard to ring up over $65 per day in beverages, especially if you like bottled water, red bull, specialty coffees and better brand bar drinks. .

I had the premium package on my cruise 2 weeks ago. Coffees were not included. You had to have the ultimate package for that.

edit: Sorry--I just reread your post. Ignore this. :)

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

RCCI,

I have tried calling customer service but could not get the information I need.

To make an informed decision regarding drink packages, I need to know these things:

• A full list of liquors including the brand of spirits, wines and beers covered in each package.

• The price of a drink from lowest to highest priced cocktails.

• The price of the drink of the day.

• The cost of specialty coffees and teas.

• The cost of premium water.

• Specifically, please provide the cost of Crown Royal on the rocks and Tanqueray and tonic

Your sister cruise line, Celebrity, posts all this information so I do not understand why RCCI has not made this available on line.

I have called, waited on hold and asked these questions of customer service but did NOT get the answers. I must have this information to decide if it is in by best interest to buy a classic, premium or ultimate package or just pay as I go. Please provide this information on your website for your passengers.

Thank you,

Rita Juray