First time family cruisers

Hoti4

HI we are a family of with a 7 n 11 yr old we are doing our first family cruise this christmas on the carnival spirit. We are very excited this is a big holiday for us as we usually go camping. We are going to Noumea, Mystery Island, Denarau, Suva and Isle of Pines. Has anyone got any tips on going to these islands we are always up to a new challenge. Have you got any tips on what to take? We have heard a lot of people say to take some snacks n drinks with us for its great to take when we go to the ports but i've had some people say you cant take food off the boats. We got told to take snap lock bags these can come in handy at the buffet at breakfast i was told i can grab some snacks and put them in the bags. I was also told to take a power board but to make sure that they don't have a surge protector on them does that mean the ones that have a red button thing on it. where can i find one that doesn't ive only found double addaptors. Ive got so many questions but just cant think of them. If you can think of anything i need to know please let me know. If you have been on a christmas cruise what type of things did they have and do?

Thanks

HI we are a family of with a 7 n 11 yr old we are doing our first family cruise this christmas on the carnival spirit. We are very excited this is a big holiday for us as we usually go camping. We are going to Noumea, Mystery Island, Denarau, Suva and Isle of Pines. Has anyone got any tips on going to these islands we are always up to a new challenge. Have you got any tips on what to take? We have heard a lot of people say to take some snacks n drinks with us for its great to take when we go to the ports but i've had some people say you cant take food off the boats. We got told to take snap lock bags these can come in handy at the buffet at breakfast i was told i can grab some snacks and put them in the bags. I was also told to take a power board but to make sure that they don't have a surge protector on them does that mean the ones that have a red button thing on it. where can i find one that doesn't ive only found double addaptors. Ive got so many questions but just cant think of them. If you can think of anything i need to know please let me know. If you have been on a christmas cruise what type of things did they have and do?

Thanks

You won't need snacks or drinks. You might if you cannot live without a certain item.

It is not permissible to take food off the ship. Water OK.

Go to Cruise Packing 101 on Google, this will help.

Hope this helps.

I agree with the others. Since you're new to cruising you probably don't know a lot of the ins and outs of taking a cruise, and one of the biggest things is that because of local laws, you're not allowed to take any food off the ship unless it's factory sealed, such as granola bars and things like that. Definitely NO fruits, vegetables, cheese or meat can be taken off the ship. There are BIG fines for violating those laws.

Most countries have very STRICT laws about what can be brought into the country. Don't attempt to bring anything ashore that isn't "pre=packaged"...huge fines...possible arrest.

Don't wear "camouflage" clothing...many countries reserve that for military.

You don't need a surge protector...plug and unplug as needed. Few things need to be plugged in 24/7.

I would definitely go on the Carnival website. There's a FAQ section as well as a lot of info about your specific ship.

Most ports do not allow outside food to be brought into their country to protect their agriculture (my area, Southern California, has stringent laws for good reason -- we have a vulnerable agriculture industry).

You can always google each port and look up the importing laws for each country and you'll find out if you're even allowed to bring factory-sealed, unopened food (I believe your country is one that has laws concerning this).