Last minute opera repo to sa solo deal

anniegb

Yesterday there were inside Bellas, inside Fantasticas and outside Bellas available on the MSC site. They have an ad on their home page saying free Cheers package for all Fantasticas booked during September. I'm STILL trying to find out if it includes this voyage as I would risk an inside (my first) if so.

Strangely I asked an agent for a quote to see if they could get an answer about this and they were quoted £3000+ while the website was showing £799 at precisely the same time!

Just one more reason I've not been on MSC for 2 years.

Edited by canny_cruiser

Yesterday there were inside Bellas, inside Fantasticas and outside Bellas available on the MSC site. They have an ad on their home page saying free Cheers package for all Fantasticas booked during September. I'm STILL trying to find out if it includes this voyage as I would risk an inside (my first) if so.

Strangely I asked an agent for a quote to see if they could get an answer about this and they were quoted £3000+ while the website was showing £799 at precisely the same time!

I never even looked at the home page - will do it now.

Annie

The Cheers package is available on Fantastica cabins on selected cruises only.

I would check with MSC.

Maybe another reason for solos to wait and see before booking any MSC cruises.

Previous passenger discounts apply.

Annie

Edited by anniegb

Empty cabins ? Too late for me - I have booked elsewhere.

Annie

Well I guess that was what we were hoping for, that they would revert to more reasonable pricing for repos when they invariably sale with some empty cabins.

Like you Annie, far too late for me. I've got a land trip booked and paid for for next month.

Now if they were to start reducing pieces and/or supplements for the repos Spring 2015, I'd be tempted. I guess time will tell.

The Cheers package is available on Fantastica cabins on selected cruises only.

I would check with MSC.

Maybe another reason for solos to wait and see before booking any MSC cruises.

Previous passenger discounts apply.

Annie

THe advert is misleading as it says in the headine BOOK ANY CRUISE but the small print says on selected cruises

promo.jpg

Pete

Yes, a very good deal, at last! An outside cabin for the same price as an inside, without single occupancy supplement, including a BA flight back from Capetown to Heathrow and transfer to the airport for £719.10 (net of Club discount) for 21 nights. Skyscanner reports the flight alone would cost £566.

MSCOperaDeal.png

I also am fully booked with with cruise alternatives. It is very worth bearing in mind for the future that solo supplements may be removed and flights thrown in on other repos at short notice....

Edited by Skipper Tim

Thanks for flagging this up; I too am booked elsewhere, but, having done the itinerary in reverse, I would have been interested if they had been sensible about the pricing in the first place and refrained from excluding solos from the Yacht Club. :D

I have nothing at all booked for 2015 so I will join you in hoping that good sense prevails in pricing their repos next year. In the meantime I am preparing to grapple with Easyjet en route to Monte Carlo and the Star Flyer; Skipper Tim's exploits under canvas having fired my nautical zeal...

Thanks for flagging this up; I too am booked elsewhere, but, having done the itinerary in reverse, I would have been interested if they had been sensible about the pricing in the first place and refrained from excluding solos from the Yacht Club. :D

I have nothing at all booked for 2015 so I will join you in hoping that good sense prevails in pricing their repos next year. In the meantime I am preparing to grapple with Easyjet en route to Monte Carlo and the Star Flyer; Skipper Tim's exploits under canvas having fired my nautical zeal...

How exciting! As a small boat sailor, those sails look terrifying. I trust the guests are not required to hoist and set them.

Yes, let's hope for some sensible solo fares from MSC, even at short notice, in 2015.

Just booked this one, yesterday, and got an OV "Bella" for £639.40pp (20% discount applied) including the free flights and transfers.

Managed to talk to a supervisor and explain the case for an upgrade to "Fantastica" she contacted head office for me and today the upgrade fairy worked her magic and we now have an OV "Fantastica" cabin for no extra cost.

The power of 2 Black cards , which I used as part of my explanation, seemed to help.

Pete

Just booked this one, yesterday, and got an OV "Bella" for £639.40pp (20% discount applied) including the free flights and transfers.

Managed to talk to a supervisor and explain the case for an upgrade to "Fantastica" she contacted head office for me and today the upgrade fairy worked her magic and we now have an OV "Fantastica" cabin for no extra cost.

The power of 2 Black cards , which I used as part of my explanation, seemed to help.

Pete

What a bargain! Well done, Pete. I'd snap it up myself if it were available here.

Pete

Well done Pete - enjoy.

Annie

How exciting! As a small boat sailor, those sails look terrifying. I trust the guests are not required to hoist and set them.

Yes, let's hope for some sensible solo fares from MSC, even at short notice, in 2015.

Passengers are sometimes allowed to help :) depending on conditions but most of the hoisting is mechanised; there's an awful lot of sails to go up! We're spending the last two days in St Tropez because it's the regatta 'Les Voiles'; Thursday is a lay day so we can mill around with everyone else, and then there should be some interesting racing on Friday.

I do sympathise with everyone who has made different plans but would have liked the Repo if they'd priced it sensibly in the first place; judging from Skier52's bargain, MSC has got a very empty ship. We'll have to hope that they have learned their lesson...

Pete

Glad to hear you're able to take advantage of that amazing deal. Have an amazing time. I loved my Southbound repo on the Sinfonia to Durban a few years ago, especially Namibia and Cape Town.

Many thanks to all the wellwishers; shame you couldn't be there as well .. we'ed have a ball together.

So i'll be out of the office for 3 weeks in 12 sleeps time. (I don't do laptops , ipads etc on cruises.):eek::eek:

I may take the "ODD" photo of the back of a TV or wet footprints near a pool or even a ship with nobody on it at all :D:D:D

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Well done Pete. I am glad that at least one CCer has had the benefit.

I checked the other short notice repos and the policy appears to be 100% solo supplement across the board when solos are allowed at all.

For two sharers however there are other good rates. On 11th November the Magnifica's repo from Southampton to Buenos Aires over 17 nights starts at £599 before discount but without flights or transfers (but good Avios availability) or £999 with flights and transfers.

There is also the attractive repo from Venice to Dubai via Suez (some of us still mourn the cancellation of our Suez transit on the Armonia) on the Orchestra 25th November over 18 nights for £1249 including both flights (to/from the UK).

Now, if MSC made available the latter without flights and solo supplement, I would be tempted. One of the side-effects of MSC's new pricing policy is that I have a build up of excess Avios originally intended for repo cruises. A splurge on first class back from Dubai, with limo transfer included, would help.

Edited by Skipper Tim

Pete ... We will be sorely disappointed if there are no pictures from you of an empty ship and the back of a TV .... :D

Tim ... We are on the Venice to Dubai trip but got a shock a few days ago from our travel agent who told us the booked BA flights were being changed because in their wisdom BA had changed both Outbound flights and that did not leave enough time to go from one aircraft to the other! and this with just 9 weeks before sailing.

The alternatives were go down to LHR and pay for an overnight hotel and extra parking at Manchester or go on the same day via Brussels to Venice, so we chose the Brussels route.

Pete ... We will be sorely disappointed if there are no pictures from you of an empty ship and the back of a TV .... :D

Tim ... We are on the Venice to Dubai trip but got a shock a few days ago from our travel agent who told us the booked BA flights were being changed because in their wisdom BA had changed both Outbound flights and that did not leave enough time to go from one aircraft to the other! and this with just 9 weeks before sailing.

The alternatives were go down to LHR and pay for an overnight hotel and extra parking at Manchester or go on the same day via Brussels to Venice, so we chose the Brussels route.

BA are exceptionally cautious about connections at Heathrow. The longer the lay up the less likely they will have to pay compensation for a delay and missed connection.

I may yet see you on the Dubai repo! My conditions to MSC are laid down :).

Tim .... Fingers crossed then that you may be onboard for the trip ... :) Seems that there are still cabins available although the flight issue could cause a few problems unless people are prepared to go to LHR a day early.

Hi all, I have been reading lots of your comments and see many of you upset with the MSC prices.

This would be my first on MSC and not sure what to expect.

What do you think of the price on this cruise.

We will be in Buenos Aires and need to get to Europe so this was a good choice and she sails into Venice.

Thanks in advance

John:)

Hi all, I have been reading lots of your comments and see many of you upset with the MSC prices.

We will be in Buenos Aires and need to get to Europe so this was a good choice and she sails into Venice.

Thanks in advance

What is the price?

Thanks in advance

Well we had a few good years (more like 4 or 5) when we solo UK cruisers ot great deals on repo cruises with no single supplement.

I've done a repo from BA and really enjoyed it a lot. What price are you being quoted for it?