Has anyone booked a cruise through the Verizon Rewards Program?

Noelle2375

We have Verizon Wireless and have the rewards points. We can buy the RC Certificates for 10% off but there are a lot of restrictions to using them and you have to mail them in to pay for the cruise. You can book the cruise through this site too and save the 10%. Has anyone does this? Thanks.

We have Verizon Wireless and have the rewards points. We can buy the RC Certificates for 10% off but there are a lot of restrictions to using them and you have to mail them in to pay for the cruise. You can book the cruise through this site too and save the 10%. Has anyone does this? Thanks.

What are the restrictions? It looks like the process itself is straightforward. And 10% is 10%. (I just went to the site and the booking was very easy.)

What are the restrictions? It looks like the process itself is straightforward. And 10% is 10%. (I just went to the site and the booking was very easy.)

The restrictions with the certificates are that you cannot use them on the deposit, only for paying down the cruise and they have to be mailed to you and then mailed to RC to apply to your account. I will be booking through Verizon Rewards, just curious if anyone had done this and had any issues.

Thanks!!

I had never found anything useful with those Verizon points so I have about 83,000 of them.

So if I have this right I can buy 10 of the certificates for $900 and 10,000 points and then I can use that to pay off the $1000 I have left on my next cruise? $100 discount for nothing, better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :D

I had never found anything useful with those Verizon points so I have about 83,000 of them.

So if I have this right I can buy 10 of the certificates for $900 and 10,000 points and then I can use that to pay off the $1000 I have left on my next cruise? $100 discount for nothing, better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :D

I would call RC to make sure you can use them for cruises that are already booked. From what I understand, it can only be for new bookings. The wording is very confusing so an RC rep will be able to help you more.

In the terms and conditions item number 10 says can not be applies to existing reservations for new bookings only. So it looks like you couldn't use it to pay off. https://rewards.verizonwireless.com/gateway?t=viewproductdetail&productkey=67490&SID=195&productcd=GRCI100

I would still call them. When I called yesterday, the rep said that they could not be used for the initial deposit but once I booked and received the certificates, to fill them out with name, address and res # and mail them in to the address listed on them and the accounting department would apply them to the balance. That is why I said it is very confusing and best to just pick up the phone and ask them to be sure. :)

I would call RC to make sure you can use them for cruises that are already booked. From what I understand, it can only be for new bookings. The wording is very confusing so an RC rep will be able to help you more.

It does specify new bookings only, see item 10. There are enough restrictions to make it worthless to me.

The certificate can be used only for Royal Caribbean International services in accordance with terms and conditions outlined below. Certificates must be redeemed directly through Royal Caribbean International for the U.S. dollar value as outlined on the face of the certificate. Certificates can be used in multiples and can be used to supplement cash payment or credit card.

1. Travel agents, agencies or any other travel intermediary service cannot be used in conjunction with this certificate.

2. Deposit required at time of booking. Upon receipt of certificate any overpayment of booking will be refunded up to the amount of the required deposit applied.

3. All reservations are subject to availability. This certificate is valid for all ships, departures and stateroom categories.

4. To make reservations, call Royal Caribbean International at 877-912-7225. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

5. Please reference that you are using a DR561 certificate when making your reservation.

6. Upon making your reservation, certificates must be forwarded to:

EXPRESS MAIL:

Royal Caribbean International

Attn: Accounting Department

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, Florida 33132

7. Standard deposit and final payment policy applies.

8. Once a reservation has been made with a certificate, standard cancellation policies apply. This certificate will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.

9. This certificate is non-refundable and non-transferable.

10. Certificate cannot be applied to existing reservations and can only be used towards a new cruise booking.

11. This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit, excursions, or gratuities.

12. Optional trip insurance is available and recommended.

13. Tax liability is the responsibility of the certificate user.

14. Certificate is in US dollars and not redeemable for cash. No refund will be given if certificate value exceeds the total value of the cruise vacation.

I would still call them. When I called yesterday, the rep said that they could not be used for the initial deposit but once I booked and received the certificates, to fill them out with name, address and res # and mail them in to the address listed on them and the accounting department would apply them to the balance. That is why I said it is very confusing and best to just pick up the phone and ask them to be sure. :)

Problem with that is if you call three different reps you could get three different answers. The terms say only new bookings what happens if the rep was wrong and then they can't be used. It's right there in writing "New bookings only"

Problem with that is if you call three different reps you could get three different answers. The terms say only new bookings what happens if the rep was wrong and then they can't be used. It's right there in writing "New bookings only"

right, that is why I want to book directly from the VWRewards site so I do not have to deal with the certificates. Too bad they do not off egiftcards like CCL does on there. Would make it great!!!

Verizon Rewards is selling $100 Gift Certificates for $90.00, a 10% Savings. Can you buy this prior to final payment and use them to pay off the balance of the cruise? Has anyone used them and can they be applied to the final balance? My final payment is due February 2015.

Verizon Rewards is selling $100 Gift Certificates for $90.00, a 10% Savings. Can you buy this prior to final payment and use them to pay off the balance of the cruise? Has anyone used them and can they be applied to the final balance? My final payment is due February 2015.

According to the rules, you cannot use them on existing reservations, only new bookings. Like I said, I called them yesterday and he said that I cannot use them for the intial deposit but once I had a reservation #, I could buy them, fill out the information and then mail them into the accounting department at RC and they would apply them to my balance.

• 7 months later...

Here's an interesting twist. They are auctioning off 15 of the DR561 certificates to be used on a cruise for 2. The rules read almost the same, but looks like they are the same DR561 certificates, only now you use 15 of them to pay for one cruise. Auction ends 4/30/15 at 10pm.

https://rewards.verizonwireless.com/gateway?t=auctiondetails&auctionid=110406