Summit: Best on-ship & in-port activites?

I_heart_vaca

This is the first Celebrity cruise for me and while I am looking forward to exploring the Southern Caribbean islands - I am curious as to what people do in port (and on sea days) on the ship that is just 'not to be missed'. If we aren't spending all our time at the beach or exploring is there port day stuff on the ship we should try to fit in? Is there something on the ship we should pre-scheudle so as not to miss our chance?

Its a port heavy cruise with only one sea day and a new island everyday if that helps.

Thanks in advance! :D

Tina

There is not much in on board stuff going on when a ship is in port, as 90% of the passengers are off the ship and 'in port'!:)

Make sure and read the daily news sheet that is left in your cabin. Most time thoes that stay on ship do so for the pure quitness and ease of getting the best pool side lounger ever!:D

Now sea days will be no different that what you experienced on your last cruise. The scent of SPF 30 will fill the air.

Edited by wallie5446

The Southern Caribbean on the Summit has 2 Itineraries that alternate weekly. Both are very busy / port intensive.

We did the Barbados - St Lucia - Antigua - Sint Maarten - St Thomas USVI - and back to San Juan PR one

It was great ! So much so we would go again (discovered that there are many Pax aboard who do it annually)

We were off the ship in some way at each Port. Some we were gone the full day, others half day. We did Excursions thru the ship a few times, and some on our own (depended on choice, cost etc)

We paced ourselves (lol, cause we also are the type who love the ship... Stay up late to party, or get up early to see the sunrise / sailin) and were not beyond having a power nap to keep going !!

The one Sea Day we slept in (knowing it would also be Formal Night), spent time at the T-pool, and did a Wine Tasting Workshop. I also visited the Spa / Salon, and we dropped in on Trivia

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

We loved the Summit and the itinerary so much we have booked this trip for a second time. That being said, there weren't tons of 'activities' going on. We were happy to enjoy the weather and a drink at the Sunset Bar, often around 5 there was live music there.

Met lots of nice people at the Martini Bar too.

Definitely the "t-pool" is my favorite spot on Summit. Very nice to use when the ship is in port as it is less crowded.

Welcome to Celebrity - you will no doubt fall in love. If you have not done so, you may want to look into joining the role call for your cruise - that way you can find out what others on your cruise plan to do in port.

Personally, we like to hang out onboard, get a coffee and read in the lounge near El Bacio. Or go in the sun or in the T pool. Nap time is good too. There are usually small events taking place throughout the day.

We are of the opinion --PLEASE DON'T YELL--that if you've seen one Caribbean island, well........... Plus we live in Florida near some great Spanish history sites in St Augustine.

Personally, I'm not into "touring" in the Caribbean our favorite activities are day sails (with snorkeling) and beaches (preferably with snorkeling). My DW would probably add shopping to that - at least in St. Thomas and St. Martin. There are some places where the beaches are not quite as nice or much further and we will do a little touring including Dominica, St. Lucia (best beaches are far from port), and San Juan. Also at Curacao you need to at least quickly walk through the downtown area once on your first trip there just to see the buildings and architecture - it is a UNESCO protected world heritage site - but at the same time Curacao has some of my favorite beaches. There are also some Western Caribbean ports that we'd tour in before heading to the water including Panama, Costa Rica and Cartagena.

On the ship my favorite activities are really just hanging out. My favorite two activities on sea days are (1) walking a few miles on the top decks to work off the extra food I eat when cruising while enjoying people watching and the other activities around the pool and deck; and (2) hanging out with cruise friends for a game of cards or just socializing - preferably on the outside decks when weather is nice. Also enjoy a massage at the spa - although the latter is pretty pricey so I don't do it too often.

Edited by Lsimon

Personally, I'm not into "touring" in the Caribbean our favorite activities are day sails (with snorkeling) and beaches (preferably with snorkeling). ~~~~~~~~and Cartagena.

Larry,

Speaking of Cartagena, it is the last spot we have yet to figure out what to do.

Suggestions?

EW

Larry,

Speaking of Cartagena, it is the last spot we have yet to figure out what to do.

Suggestions?

EW

When we were there (5 years ago) we just hired a tour from the taxi drivers on the pier. They took us to the fort and old town. Driver was a very good guide.

Don't miss the snipe hunt or the submarine races.

It is basically do what ever you enjoy and want to do, if you sailed before on other cruise lines then you will find Celebrity to be very similar.

Happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

As I am back on the Summit in 2 weeks, more wonderful memories are surfacing. In addition to the Dancing with the Stripes, I love Cafe al Bacio. They make the best lattes I have ever had, and the best croissants, too. And I am a Starbucks addict. It is my preferred breakfast. Just a dash to the buffet for fruit and then back to the room for breakfast on the balcony. I also like the production shows. Celebrity still has live music with their shows (Princess has gone to canned :-(

In Revelations the dancers joined us for the themed dance party at night and it was so much fun! We actually stayed up for it as we are usually early to bed people.