Nov. 2 Sell out

Curious if anyone knew if the Maiden Voyage sold out, I checked last night and there were still cabins available this am, everything but suites are sold out. I'm disappointed as I honestly was just going to book today I had to check with my job to see if it would work. Just with how quickly the last bloc of cabins went surprised me.

Please spare me the I should have done it earlier etc. I know that, I was just curious if anyone had any other info.

I was checking prices on that sailing a couple of days ago. There was a really good balcony guarantee rate. By the time I checked pricing on airfare and a Southampton hotel, the price on the cruise had gone up by $500.

I feel for you. Did you know you could put a cabin on 24 hour hold?

Edited by boulders

Curious if anyone knew if the Maiden Voyage sold out, I checked last night and there were still cabins available this am, everything but suites are sold out. I'm disappointed as I honestly was just going to book today I had to check with my job to see if it would work. Just with how quickly the last bloc of cabins went surprised me.

Please spare me the I should have done it earlier etc. I know that, I was just curious if anyone had any other info.

It's still worth calling your travel agent if you haven't already. Sometimes there's an extra cabin or two lingering that does not show up on the basic cruise search.

Jonathan

I just checked and there are inside cabins and suites still available.

This crossing has been a tough sell for Royal Caribbean. Even with it being a brand new ship and the maiden voyage, most people are not interested in being at sea for 8 days across the North Atlantic in winter. For me it's pure heaven and crossings are probably my favorite type of cruise!

Another thing to keep in mind is that it's very unlikely this voyage will be a complete sell-out. I'm guessing many cabins will be held for workers doing finishing touches on the ship, and many cabins will be empty as generally the cruise lines don't fill these shake-down cruises to capacity. It gives the crew a chance to learn their roles and their new home without the stress of a ship at 100%+ capacity.

There will be lots of teething pains and things will not go like clockwork, but that is all part of the excitement of being on the maiden voyage!

There are some Inside cabins left. They are pricey, but available.

I am surprised by how much that the suites have gone up in price. I guess they arent going to try to fill them up, but will sell them if someone wants to fork out the money

Looks like only pricy suites left - I were lucky getting and Interior Stateroom with Virtual Balcony at a extremely good price this Monday, then prices did double yesterday and now saying 'sold out'.

Previously I have seen cabins being up for sales again after some days.

I am wondering if they are doing inventory maintenance hence why the sailing is looking as though it is nearly sold out.

I looked the other day and there was plenty of availability, so for categories to go N/A now is rather odd.

There are quite a few folks who have not as yet been assigned their GTY cabins so I think RCCL may have put N/A until they have all been assigned.

Inside GTY was going for just under $600 pp just recently.

Had I planned better I could've done this Maiden Voyage instead of the so called "Inaugural" to the Bahamas. It would only cost me 2 more vacation days.

But had I truly planned better and known of the deployment changes earlier I would have cancelled everything and rebooked her in China. It would use many more vacation days but being able to sail from Beijing would be worth it.

Oh well. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Is this the very first Q cruise? Is there another 2 day cruise before it?

The first sailing with paying passengers leaves Southampton on Nov 2. That one is 8 days to NYC. There is at least one two-day sailing (to 'nowhere') for VIPs and invited guests leaving Southampton on Oct 31.