OT: But I know I can trust my Fashion Friends

chirurgeon

I am trying to decide which cruise line to try and plan a big family vacation. I just got back from the Sun Princess last month. I loved it, but I would like to try another line. Maybe a bigger ship. I want to go with my Mom, sister, brother-in-law and 3 nieces. The girls will be 15, 12 and 9 when we plan on going. I was thinking about RCL, one of the Voyager class, they sound so cool. Mom is past retirement age (she'd kill me if I was more specific) and due to her claustraphobia I was going to try and get a deal on a suite for the 2 of us. Opinions please.

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kimicon_smile.gif sounds like a great vacation...this is personal so If you want to tell me to mind my own business go ahead,...but just curious, are you paying for everyone? Or are you just doing the planning?

Just wondered!...anyway...I think for the size of your family and all the different ages, A Voyager Class ship will probably be perfect!

I haven't sailed them..I go solo and enjoy a smaller ship. But from everything I have heard the ones you are looking at have tons to offer for all ages.

One of my best friends went on the Explorer of the Seas and had a blast. And he has been on large and small ships.

What a wonderful vacation! Hope you have a marvelous time, whatever you decide! icon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

DH and I have done both the Voyager and the Adventure. We usually go in the early fall, so there weren't a ton of kids on either cruise, but this class of ship does seem to be a little more family-oriented than other RCI ships. Don't know if I'm saying that right. DH and I have no children, but it just seemed like the kids' area was bigger and they had more activities like rock-climbing, in-line skating and mini golf. Plenty of things for us grown-ups, too. Are you thinking of an outside - maybe a balcony for your mother? Probably a good idea if you can swing it.

Obviously I'm a Royal Caribben lover, but I'd say this would be a good pick for a wide range or ages.

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

I also suggest a Voyager class ship on Royal Caribbean. They are great for adults and kids. Have fun!

<font color="#0000CC" face="Lydian Csv BT" size="4">~~Shelia~~</font></p>

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Kim...yes I would try the Voyager class ship, as well. You all will not be disappointed. have fun!

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0000

I could let you know, what a Voyager Class ship is like in a month!

One month from today we will be flying into Miami, and getting ready to set sail on the 23rd!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Ollie...aka Pat icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

till we start celebrating our 20th Anniversary on the

The Explorer of the Seas~~~~5/04

NCL Dawn~~~6/03

Star Cruises~~~Singapore 2001

Funny - after we did Voyager I said "well, this was nice, glad we tried it, no rush to do another mega-ship". Following year we did Adventure because we liked the itinerary and loved the ship, the crew, the itinerary, everything.

I think this year we're going to try the Brilliance and see what we think of her.

Since the QMII is up here today, I was thinking about running over there and stowing away...

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

Thanks for all the replies.

Lois-I wish I could afford to treat everyone. Maybe if I win the Powerball.

Iszu-I planned on the very least a balcony. I'm hoping to be able to swing a suite. Maybe my oldest niece can share with us.

Have a good week end everyone.

Kim

We went on the AOS last year and had a wonderful time. We have no children, and there was plenty for us to do. Everywhere we went, there were children, who looked happy, and not bored. The Children's area was adorable (terrific artwork! - the artist ran all his sketches by his 3 yr old son) and there was a nice sized teen area too.

Another nice thing about the Voyager class ships is that balcony rooms are more affordable, because there are more of them available. So if you can't get a suite, look at adjoining balcony rooms.

Just don't miss the Ice Show!!!!

Counting down to the Rhapsody OTS - 12/05/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;5;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Archived