I don't complain much however....

AdamKnows

You can order the tags from Royal. They come in a spiral notebook with other cruise information. If I recall correctly the cost is $35.00.

Do you get them for free if you're in a suite? We're on our first Royal cruise in 16 days and I got real luggage tags in the mail. There was an "order luggage tags" button on our check-in page. I'm pretty sure I didn't pay for them. I hope there's not a bill waiting for me onboard!

Do you get them for free if you're in a suite? We're on our first Royal cruise in 16 days and I got real luggage tags in the mail. There was an "order luggage tags" button on our check-in page. I'm pretty sure I didn't pay for them. I hope there's not a bill waiting for me onboard!

Yes, if you are in a Grand Suite or better, you have the opportunity to get mailed luggage tags for free.

It is a maneuver designed to shift the cost/burden on the passenger.

They use the "environmental" route to make everyone feels good about it.

I guess it works because people fell for it...

Agree with this, because I figure if it's saving trees alone they'd axe them altogether , but...

Hadn't seen them on our bill yet. You should be fine. And I figure I'm pulling so many catalogs, boxes, etc out of the office trash to put in that massive container the city gives us for Home Recycling (like 2 people can fill THAT thing up). I've saved more than enough trees to justify the luggage tags and mailing envelope. Maybe enough to support everyone in this Forum.

...or you can buy clear luggage tag holders.

I miss receiving the documents and tags in the mail....no more 'document dance'....but times are achangin'....it's supposed to save trees..or something :(

If you do not want to save trees, you can pay $35.00 for each person to have paper documents and sticky luggage tags.

How does printing them at home save trees? Still using paper.

It saves RCI money, not the customer.

We have the porter at the terminal tag the bags.

It is more convenient and I believe their tags stronger than one I'd waste time making and taping.

I print one.

They send a very large sheet of heavy paper. Much more paper content in it.

The envelope was also mentioned.

However, I am happy to support the United States Postal Service. I don't want daily service to go away. :)

I agree, penny wise and pound foolish. But those will come out at how its so little trouble and your just whining. Looking at a cruise I just spent sometimes $3000 on, a $2 tag that is of superior quality is a small price to pay over my having to do it. The tags they use to send were fiber re-enforced quality tags that were hard to tear and had great glue on them. Well designed.

Now that I print my own, I have NEVER had a tag come off.

The ONLY times that I ever lose a tag, and then a suitcase, is at DISembarkation, when I am using their wonderful, prepared, peel-off tags. The same ones that we used to get in the mail for our embarkation.

THREE times, that tag has come off and I have had to chase down my suitcase in the lonely little corner marked "no tags". :mad:

I agree, penny wise and pound foolish. But those will come out at how its so little trouble and your just whining. Looking at a cruise I just spent sometimes $3000 on, a $2 tag that is of superior quality is a small price to pay over my having to do it. The tags they use to send were fiber re-enforced quality tags that were hard to tear and had great glue on them. Well designed.

That said, flame me if you must, its easy to add you to my ignore list. But I have relented and print my own and have a special plastic sleeve I put them on just before we head to the port. Part of our Rev B tradition.

OTOH, I use to love those lavish ;) books that use to come with the your docs in the mail. I've gotten use to that now too.

Noticed your handle Bill. Is that amateur radio ?

I print one.

They send a very large sheet of heavy paper. Much more paper content in it.

The envelope was also mentioned.

However, I am happy to support the United States Postal Service. I don't want daily service to go away. :)

They are going to stop door to door delivery here and go to super mail boxes, this will take place next few years.

DW does the same - I tell her she should go into business she's so good at it.

We laminate ours as we have a machine at home. For it is good to have on the luggage as we have had our luggage go in different locations and the RCCL tags have brought the cases back to us prior to the ship going.:):)