I don't complain much however....

AdamKnows

I am sure you are totally correct, Bob. Assuming that one attaches the tags after a flight and prior to boarding, do you bring a stapler of some sort with you?

Bill

I use the cruise luggage tag holders that can be purchased on Amazon or here on Cruise Critic.

However, if you are flying in the day before the cruise, you can borrow a stapler from the hotel. If you are fling in the same say as the cruise, I guess you would need to bring a stapler.

I am sure you are totally correct, Bob. Assuming that one attaches the tags after a flight and prior to boarding, do you bring a stapler of some sort with you?

Bill

I take a small roll of cellotape and use that instead of a stapler. As long as you use plenty it works just as well as any stapler.

I use the cruise luggage tag holders that can be purchased on Amazon or here on Cruise Critic.

I guess that I don't know enough about CC.....how does one go about getting holders from CC? They sound like a good idea...

Edited by spearmint

I think that printing your own luggage tags is dumb! I used to love getting luggage tags in the mail. Printing luggage tags that could be easily be ripped off is a bad way to cut costs. Ending rant in 3...2...1...done!

Agree it is a small thing but made a difference. Like no Flowers in MDR now and no Pens and Paper in the cabins.

Duh! I posted, then I checked that bar at the top of the page and lo and behold there is a "store" where I immediately found the tags. Talk about feeling dumb!!!:rolleyes: Thanks anyway, Bob.

And then I see a note for the same thing from trev71....hello "neighbor". It is not often I see N.B. show up on these boards. I am from Chatham, not so far away.....Thanks for your response as well.

Bill

How does printing them at home save trees? Still using paper.

It saves RCI money, not the customer.

We have the porter at the terminal tag the bags.

It is more convenient and I believe their tags stronger than one I'd waste time making and taping.

The very first cruise we went on and received the envelop with all the cruise documents and information it was 'magical'.....we really were going on this adventure.

Back in 2004, we were still very paper oriented in our home and at work. Over the past 11 years, lots of things have changed in both areas, and moving to electronic communications for as much as possible has happened everywhere.

Sure the printing has shifted from Royal to the cruiser...but this cruiser prints much much less than what Royal sent to me in that big fat envelop and I am just fine with it.

The paper luggage tags have never ripped off unexpectedly and we don't do anything extraordinary. Reusable luggage tag holders into which you can insert the paper tags printed works well also.

Without the envelop, I still get excited when we know that we can download our cruise documents.

My biggest complaint of the paper tags was how to attach them after the flight. The 1st couple of times I used them, I covered them in clear tape, and stuck the ends together until we got off the plane, then I pulled the ends apart and taped them onto the bags.

The CC tags have solved those problems, though it's still a bit of a craft project to cut them apart and stuff them into the holders. I do make 4 tags per sheet of paper, similar to the little tag tool I saw posted a few days ago.

I guess it gives me something to do awaiting the big departure day :rolleyes:.

I remember on my 1st/only Carnival cruise, I was shocked I had to make my own tags. Little did I know at the time that RCCL was just a year behind with this cost cutting measure.

My biggest complaint of the paper tags was how to attach them after the flight. The 1st couple of times I used them, I covered them in clear tape, and stuck the ends together until we got off the plane, then I pulled the ends apart and taped them onto the bags.

The CC tags have solved those problems, though it's still a bit of a craft project to cut them apart and stuff them into the holders. I do make 4 tags per sheet of paper, similar to the little tag tool I saw posted a few days ago.

I guess it gives me something to do awaiting the big departure day :rolleyes:.

I remember on my 1st/only Carnival cruise, I was shocked I had to make my own tags. Little did I know at the time that RCCL was just a year behind with this cost cutting measure.

When I was on Princess last month their tags had dotted lines and numbers to fold the tags so you can read from both sides. 1 tag per sheet of paper. They fit perfectly into the CC stores plastic holders. RCI doesn't add the dotted lines to show the fold ?

Edited by buckeye rob

I think that printing your own luggage tags is dumb! I used to love getting luggage tags in the mail. Printing luggage tags that could be easily be ripped off is a bad way to cut costs. Ending rant in 3...2...1...done!

I agree, penny wise and pound foolish. But those will come out at how its so little trouble and your just whining. Looking at a cruise I just spent sometimes $3000 on, a $2 tag that is of superior quality is a small price to pay over my having to do it. The tags they use to send were fiber re-enforced quality tags that were hard to tear and had great glue on them. Well designed.

That said, flame me if you must, its easy to add you to my ignore list. But I have relented and print my own and have a special plastic sleeve I put them on just before we head to the port. Part of our Rev B tradition.

OTOH, I use to love those lavish ;) books that use to come with the your docs in the mail. I've gotten use to that now too.

I purchased the clear plastic luggage tag holders from Amazon and they worked great. I didn't use their fasteners though; the looked like they could come undone easily. I used plastic zip ties. I pulled the folded paper tags out before our flight home, but the empty holders are still on our luggage ready for our next cruise.

The link for the store didn't work has it gone?

No, the store and the Luggage Tag Holders are still there.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

At the top of this page, find the Community link (it has a drop down menu like menu bars on Windows or Mac). At the bottom is a link to the Store.

Edited by rhuntington3

Saying the Printing Luggage Tags is Dumb is not a complaint or rant. It's just an OPINION and we know all about those. Everyone's got one.

TEXASMUNK I hear they have the fastest dogs in the world in TX. Wonder why? I never saw a forest from Texarkana to Anthony on I 30, I 20, I 10 or anywhere from Houston west. In Virginia we lose a thousand acres a week to developer who bulldoze every bush flower and tree, plant grass and non native bushes and trees and brag how they've made 10 acre lawns. Save paper and trees for our children.