Security on the ship and shore excursions

rascalchu

Has anyone noticed or does anyone know if Oceania has stepped up its security on their ships and shore excursions. All of the craziness in eastern Europe and the middle east isn't good and is downright scary. I was just wondering if Oceania is doing anything to make its passengers feel safer. Thanks.

We had additional security and yes they wore arms when we sailed from Cape Town to Singapore. That was for the pirates. We actually had a pirate drill, so the passengers knew what to do if anything happened. We felt very secure during that part of the voyage knowing that Oceania was taking good care of all their passengers.

I guess I am a worry wort however I would not go on a trip where I felt security should be increased or should ware guns. To go to a place where guards carry guns on a shore trip is not for me. Oceania follows the same procedure as all lines, the ship is as safe as can be.