Is this an upgrade???

Fluke67

Hi. Total cruise newbie here. Booked on caribbean princess in c201, and just got an upgrade to a605. It's a much better location mid ship, but aloha's balconies seem to be much smaller than caribe's. Booked this as a surprise 80th bday gift for my mom, who cruises frequently but always gets a mid ship inside cabin. She doesn't have any mobility issues, so IMO the extra walking won't be a big deal for her, but 201 is pretty far forward.

Should I decline? Per the princess website, c234 looks avail -maybe I ask for that instead? Thanks!

We prefer Caribe balconies, as the balcony itself is much bigger and has a shady private area and a sunny open area. Personally I would turn down a move to an Aloha deck balcony if I had a Caribe balcony.

If you have a Caribe balcony you can request to be moved to any other one in the same cost category. That C201 location might be subject to too much motion for some people. I would definitely go for the C234 BE cabin location if it were me. Your Mom will get plenty of walking going to/from restaurants further back in the ship.

Edited by Times Prince

My wife prefers midship cabins because she's very susceptible to motion sickness but she'd prefer a larger Caribe deck balcony cabin. I would also take the Caribe cabin & as close to midship as possible over a smaller Aloha deck cabin & would ask if C234 is available.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hi there

We had C201 recently and yes it is well forward, my hubby managed to brake his foot whilst on board and had a wheelchair from the Med Centre. Being that far forward was a bit of a problem getting by all the stewards trolleys in the morning. Caribe deck is definitively the way to go with the very large balconies which are half open half covered so you can nip out there even if the weather wasn't too great.

good luck

I'd stay with the Caribe Deck balcony. When I booked a Cat. BE cabin on the Caribbean Princess for a cruise last month, I marked my booking "meta upgrade only," which means that Princess should not try to upgrade me to one of the higher category balcony cabins but could upgrade me to a mini suite or suite. I decided that the extra cabin space of a mini suite would make up for the balcony not being as large. But we ended up in the cabin I booked.

Hi. Total cruise newbie here. Booked on caribbean princess in c201, and just got an upgrade to a605. It's a much better location mid ship, but aloha's balconies seem to be much smaller than caribe's. Booked this as a surprise 80th bday gift for my mom, who cruises frequently but always gets a mid ship inside cabin. She doesn't have any mobility issues, so IMO the extra walking won't be a big deal for her, but 201 is pretty far forward.

Should I decline? Per the princess website, c234 looks avail -maybe I ask for that instead? Thanks!

IMHO, Aloha deck is not an upgrade! We made the mistake of accepting the upgrade to Aloha and we were right under MUTS (movies under the stars). The noise from the Lido deck above was horrible. You could hear people clomping above, chairs being moved, and worst of all MUTS was loud. On our upcoming cruise they tried to move us from Caribe to Aloha, and I was on the phone immediately demanding our Caribe cabin back. You're right about the balcony being smaller on Aloha than Caribe, another reason why I don't think it's an upgrade.

IMHO, Aloha deck is not an upgrade! We made the mistake of accepting the upgrade to Aloha and we were right under MUTS (movies under the stars). The noise from the Lido deck above was horrible. You could hear people clomping above, chairs being moved, and worst of all MUTS was loud. On our upcoming cruise they tried to move us from Caribe to Aloha, and I was on the phone immediately demanding our Caribe cabin back. You're right about the balcony being smaller on Aloha than Caribe, another reason why I don't think it's an upgrade.

Were you on the Riviera Deck? That's the one under the Lido and MUTS.

Aloha Deck has cabins above and below on the CB.

:D

If you want to keep your original selection, then make sure to decline asap. i was away when they made my offer and did not get back in time to decline it. they moved me from deck 8 mid to deck 5 forward. i did not consider it an upgrade but they did and it was my fault i was not able to stay in contact with my email and decline if i did not want it.

Hi there

We had C201 recently and yes it is well forward, my hubby managed to brake his foot whilst on board and had a wheelchair from the Med Centre. Being that far forward was a bit of a problem getting by all the stewards trolleys in the morning. Caribe deck is definitively the way to go with the very large balconies which are half open half covered so you can nip out there even if the weather wasn't too great.

good luck

And it's great for napping too! ;):D