Carnival Freedom or Royal Oasis

jacalac

My husband and I have only been on Carnival. This will be our 6th cruise this November. We cant decide between Carnivals Freedom of the Seas which will be sailing to Aruba an Dominican Republic which are ports w have never been to or Royal Carribeans Oasis of the seas. The Oasis will be sailing to ports we have been to several time but we really want to get on that ship. What are your thoughts on these two ships? We are in our 40's and we like to have a good time and meet fun people when we cruise. Your thoughts.

If price were no object I would try Royal Oasis (have not yet tried them). If the price difference were substantial (as it usually is between these 2 which is why we have never tried Oasis) then I would choose Carnival Freedom (which FWIW is my favorite Carnival ship to date plus those would be new ports for me too:D).

Edited by Warm Breezes

We are Platinum on Carnival, but if you will look at my signature you will see we LOVE Royal Caribbean too!!

We have been on the Allure (sister ship) and hands down I would go with the Oasis.......it is a destination all unto itself!!!!!

Have a great cruise!!!!

Although we have yet to sail on Royal, out next cruise is booked on Freedom of the Seas. We had only been Carnival cruisers (except one Princess), and thought we'd try something different at the urging of our travel agent. We'll probably sail on Carnival in the future, as we never had a problem with them (of course that was years ago), but thought we'd "test the waters." (pun intended) with RCI.

If the price is right (or at least within your budget), then by all means try Oasis. If you don't care for Royal, just book Carny for the next one, but at least you tried it out.

Although we have yet to sail on Royal, out next cruise is booked on Freedom of the Seas. We had only been Carnival cruisers (except one Princess), and thought we'd try something different at the urging of our travel agent. We'll probably sail on Carnival in the future, as we never had a problem with them (of course that was years ago), but thought we'd "test the waters." (pun intended) with RCI.

If the price is right (or at least within your budget), then by all means try Oasis. If you don't care for Royal, just book Carny for the next one, but at least you tried it out.

You will LOVE Freedom! Not as big as Oasis, but many people that don't like the really big ships (Oasis/Allure), really love the Freedom class. We love Freedom, but not as much as Oasis & Allure.

I will warn you----once you sail Royal, you may find it hard to go back to Carnival. That is what happened to us, BUT, we are sailing Carnival Breeze this year (1st Carnival cruise in 4 years). No other Carnival ships interest us any longer since we've been sailing Royal and Princess.

Be sure you all are comparing CARNIVAL Freedom to Oasis, not Freedom of the Seas, which is RCCL. OP mistakenly said Carnival Freedom of the Seas and some of you are actually comparing RCCL Freedom of the Seas to RCCL Oasis.

Nobody here has compared RCI's Freedom of the Seas to Oasis that I can tell

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app