Does anyone keep in touch with their waiter/assistant waiters?

I just read the post where everyone mentioned what waiters/assistant waiters they had on previous cruises. I just got off the Mariner of the Seas and we LOVED our waiter (Rajul from India - I think I am spelling his name right) and assistant waiter Krishna (also from India). They were very good together! Made dinner very enjoyable and gave us a couple good laughs! It was sad the first couple of dinners after we left the ship :( I was wondering if anyone kept in touch with their waiters? via email or any other way? I guess they stay pretty busy on the ship so I really have no idea if they'd ever have any interest in staying in touch. It would just be neat to hear from them once in a while- if they change ships, etc.

Carrie

CArrie,

While our wiater on the voyager last February was great, we still here from our bar waiters, both via email and, they actually called us a couple of times in the following months. We've not heard from them lately, so if anyone is on the VOS and meet Howard, Basil, or Joseph, tell them the gang from Syracuse say HI!

We "adopted" a couple bar servers, or they "adopted" us, I'm not sure which while we were on an 11 night cruise last year. We exchanged email addresses before disembarking and when we got home we sent them several messages and digital pictures we'd taken of them while onboard. But never heard from either of them. I didn't take it personally. I know they get very little time off and hope they spend it communicating with their real families!

I've kept in touch regularily with several waiters, bar staff and concierges from previous cruises. I usually get phone calls on "turn around" days as they usually have shore time between cruises. Email has also been a regular form of communication. Some of the staff have even visited me on their time off. If anyone remembers Maica (bartender from Mariner and Grandeur) he stayed with me for 2 months last summer so he could surf the San Diego waves. He's since left RCI but will be returning for a visit next month with his new financee.

I've kept in touch regularily with several waiters, bar staff and concierges from previous cruises. I usually get phone calls on "turn around" days as they usually have shore time between cruises. Email has also been a regular form of communication. Some of the staff have even visited me on their time off. If anyone remembers Maica (bartender from Mariner and Grandeur) he stayed with me for 2 months last summer so he could surf the San Diego waves. He's since left RCI but will be returning for a visit next month from Holland with his new finance.

After 4 times on the Serenade, we've gotten to know quite of few of the crew members. We still regularly keep in contact with the head of the hotel desk and some of the waiters. I keep in touch with one waiter through phone and e-mail on a regular basis. The Serenade really starts to feel like home after a few trips and the crew becomes family, which makes it so hard to leave the ship each time!

I have accumulated quite an address book of RCCL employees. Several emails a week from some and others every few months. As I am preparing for my 35th RCCL cruise, I have already been in contact with many of the crew there. I have been to Nicaragua visiting a cabin steward. Am going to South Africa in October to visit a massage therapist and then onto Eastern Europe in May. I always enjoy bringing small gifts to them and occasionally they have a request that they are not able to locate in their ports of call. I receive at least two phone calls a week from crew and look forward to all of them. It is also nice to remember their birthdays and Christmas. It seems to be a small way of appreciating all that they do to help make our vacations memorable.:)

I am of Slovak heritage. On the Voyager I met a Slovak waiter named Martin. He was from the city of Martin in Slovakia. That's right, Martin from Martin. He was a real nice fellow. Even though he was not our waiter, he went out of his way to greet us and talk to us each day. I have kept in touch with him. He has invited me to visit him the next time I am in Slovakia.

We keep in touch with quite a few wait staff and cruise staff that we have met over the years. We try to contact them as we plan our cruises and see where they are and if we will see them. Many times they contact their friends and let them know we are coming to a different ship and we make contacts and new friends on other ships. We also had a great time on Serenade in the fall of 03 when we sailed back to back for 16 days and got to know many of them quite well. We even have made friends with some of the photo staff as they seem to move around a bit.

Brian j

Archived