Do Phone Cards work from Cabin Phone?

Snowesha

I haven't seem anything about this so here goes. Will a phone card work from my cabin phone to check in with the folks at home? Or perhaps they still have pay phones in Grand Cayman and Jamaica and I could buy an international phone card to call home. Any thoughts?

I haven't seem anything about this so here goes. Will a phone card work from my cabin phone to check in with the folks at home? Or perhaps they still have pay phones in Grand Cayman and Jamaica and I could buy an international phone card to call home. Any thoughts?

Calls using the ship's phone system are very expensive & not usable with a phone card. I'd suggest checking with a phone card company first to confirm it's usable from those locations.

Portside pay phones were very popular with crew but may not be as bad now that many cruise terminals offer free Wi-Fi & they could possibly use Skype or Apple's Face Time to have a video conversation. I'm not certain if they can do this but many crewmembers are online on their Wi-Fi enabled devices to at least access email.

Edited by Astro Flyer