Diapers

beachlover777

We are sailing RCI and they do not offer pampers diapers (my son is sensitive). How does everyone get the diapers to the port when you have to fly? We only took our lil guy to disney and I shipped the diapers in advance. Would I have to pack a whole trips worth? I know diapers can get heavy in luggage, so I'm just trying to prepare myself.

We are sailing RCI and they do not offer pampers diapers (my son is sensitive). How does everyone get the diapers to the port when you have to fly? We only took our lil guy to disney and I shipped the diapers in advance. Would I have to pack a whole trips worth? I know diapers can get heavy in luggage, so I'm just trying to prepare myself.

Are you flying in the night before? You could then go out and buy them locally.

You will need to BRING what you need for your child. They do NOT sell "baby" stuff at all...diapers (clean ones!) don't weigh much...pack them in a suitcase, and use the empty case for souvenirs or whatever!

We found pampers were the worst for rashes....my daughter was VERY sensitive, too!

We always have to fly to a cruise and have cruised twice with diapers. You do have to bring what you need, and then some. It would be awful if you ran out. We've always come home with them too, but I'd rather bring them home than run out. If you are staying the night before you could get them there, if you aren't too far from a store.

They don't weight much but they are bulky when left in the packaging. I found it easier to open the package and slip them here and there around the luggage. Then it was almost like they just slipped in and disappeared. Amazing.

They don't weight much but they are bulky when left in the packaging. I found it easier to open the package and slip them here and there around the luggage. Then it was almost like they just slipped in and disappeared. Amazing.

This is what we do as well. I have 2 in diapers, so we have a lot to bring with us. We did this on our last trip and it worked out great.

Thanks everyone! We only paid for 1 suitcase per adult (spirit airlines sucks) and I have to put my son's clothes in our stuff as well. I remember flying how from disney with diapers and my luggage was literally over weight. I had to take diapers out and put them in my carry on since they were over by 5lbs. I don't even know how that was possible since he only wears size 3's lol! I'll try scattering them throughout all of the luggage. We are contemplating a private transfer to our hotel and they said we could stop at a store. Maybe it will be my best bet to try and grab some extra the night before we cruise. I was wondering how people do this. Thanks again for the advice!

Hi all,

First time cruiser here, so forgive this newbie question. How many diapers do you typically bring on a one week cruise? I've got a 4 mos old (sz 2). We're sailing on the Disney Magic; and from what i understand, they pre-sell diapers, but I'd rather not have to buy overpriced diapers.

Thanks!

You can order them and have them sent to your hotel. diapers.com is one of many companies that do this.

There is probably a store somewhere near the hotel where you can just pick some up too.

Ordering them to your hotel would be very easy, Amazon would be another option.

Hi all,

First time cruiser here, so forgive this newbie question. How many diapers do you typically bring on a one week cruise? I've got a 4 mos old (sz 2). We're sailing on the Disney Magic; and from what i understand, they pre-sell diapers, but I'd rather not have to buy overpriced diapers.

Thanks!

A week or two before the cruise I counted diaper changes for a few days in a row to get a daily count, then multiplied it by # of days on cruise and added about 20 on top of that since it's better to be safe than sorry. One cruise I was literally down to 1 diaper on debarkation morning. I think the daily # was about 8-10 but I can't remember for certain.

Just wanted to share our favorite trick for diaper packing. Are you bringing a car seat? If so, get one of those car seat air travel covers. They are much larger than the car seat, and you can fill the seat with diapers! Then they don't take up room in the luggage, and they fly for free with the car seat! And then when you take the car seat out, you can just leave all the diapers in the car seat cover. Works great!

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to share our favorite trick for diaper packing. Are you bringing a car seat? If so, get one of those car seat air travel covers. They are much larger than the car seat, and you can fill the seat with diapers! Then they don't take up room in the luggage, and they fly for free with the car seat! And then when you take the car seat out, you can just leave all the diapers in the car seat cover. Works great!

Makes me wish I was taking a car seat lol! Great tip!

Also, when packing for Disney World we shipped diapers and it worked great. Since it is a cruise, I think I will just have to pack some and maybe pick up extra along the way from Walmart or something. I would think 10 per day is a good number as well. Plus a container of wipes can be heavy so it may be best to ship it or pick up from a store before boarding. I think I'm going to put a pack in our carry on so it doesn't have to deal with the weight requirement.

Such a great idea! We always take my son's car seat in the travel bag and never thought to do this. Thanks for sharing!