Bookings Down?

wags111

Our cruise is just a little over 2 months away (Dec 13th) and there is a lot of cabins still available..... Do you guys think the bookings are down? just wondering and HOPING for the upgrade fairy to call!

Oh one other question..... if there are balcony rooms available when we get onboard do they offer those at a deal or regular price?

thanks!

The ship will sail with all cabins filled.

Even if there are cabins available on the day of departure, they will not upgrade you for a discounted price.

You are sailing on December 13th which can be a tricky date. The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas tend to command some of the lowest prices of the year, so you may still see some price drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The ship will sail with all cabins filled.

Even if there are cabins available on the day of departure, they will not upgrade you for a discounted price.

You are sailing on December 13th which can be a tricky date. The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas tend to command some of the lowest prices of the year, so you may still see some price drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No, ships do NOT always sail with ALL cabins filled.....we have sailed twice whereby one of my sons was moved out of our cabin to an EMPTY inside cabin once we embarked and were ON the ship.....no discount, but a nice move from our cabin to one of their own!!

Our cruise is just a little over 2 months away (Dec 13th) and there is a lot of cabins still available..... Do you guys think the bookings are down? just wondering and HOPING for the upgrade fairy to call!

Oh one other question..... if there are balcony rooms available when we get onboard do they offer those at a deal or regular price?

thanks!

I have received 3 price drops this month for my late November cruise. This is a slow time of the year for bookings, so watch for price drops and see if the difference in price might be enough for you to upgrade to a better cabin for little or no increase in price.

Discounted upgrades the day of embarkation are possible.

Last October we sailed on the Conquest out of NOLA. The morning of embarkation, while we were still at the hotel, I received a call from Carnival. They offered to move me from my interior room on the Riviera Deck to to a balcony several decks higher. There was no charge at all for the upgrade. Unfortunately I was unable to take it since my sons were in the cabin next to us and they would only upgrade one of the cabins.

Balcony cabins could be available after the change in smoking rules.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Or on the other hand, cruisers will now live longer and can therefore cruise more often. ........................ I'm sorry. That is a bit haughty on my part but some thing had to be said.

Or on the other hand, cruisers will now live longer and can therefore cruise more often. ........................ I'm sorry. That is a bit haughty on my part but some thing had to be said.

I think Cruisequeen was just answering the question and not starting a smoking debate. It is a fact that many have cancelled their cruises on Carnival, switched to cheaper Inside/Window rooms for sailings after October 9th and also booked on other lines.

Balcony rooms should be plentiful so anyone who didn't book one should look for an Upsell email for a good rate closer to their sail date.

Balcony rooms should be plentiful so anyone who didn't book one should look for an Upsell email for a good rate closer to their sail date.

No price drops on my Breeze cruises for next month - in fact cove balcony prices are up $300 and $500 respectively from the rates I booked.

According to Carnival's earnings report from earlier this week, the company did well in part because "close-in" bookings - ones close to the sailing date - are up. And if my cruises are any indication, they aren't exactly having to give cabins away.

I don't think bookings are down at all - except maybe on a few iffy cruises, like the OP's one between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Edited by GaNavy

For our 2 November cruises the prices have gone up about 7% since we booked 3 weeks ago.

I've heard ships sail full but that doesn't mean all rooms are booked. Remember some rooms have 4 or 5 folks in them so they don't need all the rooms to cram in all the pax.

I wonder if folks are still booking like always (maybe even more) just not as far in advance because of problems getting time off and the uncertainty of trying to plan far in the future. I know that's the case with us. We booked 2 months in advance and that's way off in the future to me.

Edited by travler27

I just checked the prices for our 2 November cruises again and they are back down to what we paid. I think they raised the prices for the sale they had so they could give the "Free" OBCs. The price increase was enough to cover the OBC and now that the "Free" OBC sale is over they just lowered the price back down. Pretty sneaky.