RCCL Ships transfer question

cpa2be

We are cruising on the Liberty in Feb and have a Delta free companion certificate that we would like to redeem. However, the only eligible return flight leaves FLL at 8:00AM. No can do!

We can fly in and out of Miami with a departing flight time of 12:15 PM.

I have never used RCL's ship transfer service. Anyone use this and know the cost? How do I book it? I was not able to see any option for this on the website.

Also can we make this flight with a ships transfer?

Thanks for your help!

Are you sailing from Ft. Laud, or Miami? If Miami/Miami, a cab is your best, cheapest and fastest option. If you are sailing from Ft. Laud, and flying Miami, then check SAS Transportation. They are reliable, less expensive than the ship's transfer and yes, you can make that flight, but you'll need to be in one of the 1st groups off the ship! About midway thru the cruise, they ask those with "early" flights to let them know, so they can properly group you for departure.

If you want a ship's transfer, simply call RCI...they will book it for you!

Are you sailing from Ft. Laud, or Miami? If Miami/Miami, a cab is your best, cheapest and fastest option. If you are sailing from Ft. Laud, and flying Miami, then check SAS Transportation. They are reliable, less expensive than the ship's transfer and yes, you can make that flight, but you'll need to be in one of the 1st groups off the ship! About midway thru the cruise, they ask those with "early" flights to let them know, so they can properly group you for departure.

We cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. I did check SAS but the website says they no longer service the Miami airport.

I second to skip the ship transfer. I used them in the old days till I figured out the time sitting in the bus waiting for the other 50 seats to be filled could take forever. Now we just take a cab or order a ride share van privately.

We've been on this cruise before and even when we self-disembark it has been after 9:30 before we leave the terminal. I was thinking that using the ships transfer might eliminate the stress of missing a shuttle connection.

The last time I used the ship transfer we sat on the bus for over an hour waiting for it to fill up. This would be my last choice.

Check some other shuttle companies. Here is one I have used:

http://www.johnscarservice.com

He told me to call him when we were at customs and he was there when we came outside.

Edited by Marie51

We've been on this cruise before and even when we self-disembark it has been after 9:30 before we leave the terminal. I was thinking that using the ships transfer might eliminate the stress of missing a shuttle connection.

The key problem is that RCI doesn't control what happens after the end of the gangway - the terminal is the realm of the local Port Authority, US Customs, and Homeland Security. How long it takes to make it through the terminal is based purely on those 3 government agencies (it's amazing that anyone ever makes it out).

There is no way to make the 8:00 am flight. However, the 12:15 in Miami should be no problem, no matter what mode of transportation you pick. Personally, I'd self-disembark and hail a cab.