Problem with purchase on board

CRUISEWITHH

I was recently on-board Caribbean Princess and purchased 4 Bella & Rose watches. Three are men's watches and one is a ladies. The men's watches have three different stems for setting different functions. I am not even sure what the different functions are for.

When I got home and had a better chance to look at them, I realized that the instructions and/or warrantee was not in the box on any of them. This does not seem like just a problem with the ones I bought, since I had picked them from the table of many (maybe over 50) that were on display.

I called Princess and asked to talk to the department that could help me. At first the agent said that they did not come with any instructions ? I told her that these were not just the $10 cheapo watches, they were sold at Facets boutique.

I had first tried looking on-line for the company name to see if I could call them directly, but did not find anything. The Princess reservation agent said she could not transfer me to the Boutique Dept. directly, but would check with them. Then she gave me an email address to write to. I immediately emailed the address that she gave me and I have not received any reply or even any acknowledgement of my request yet...

I am really mad that I have brought home these watches for my family and I cannot even give them their watches because I can't even set them.

I don't want to return them to Princess, I just want to get some instructions on how to set them.

Any suggestions?

FYI. If those watches are anything like the ones that we bought (packaged with a couple of other items), then those extra dials are actually just painted on. They don't do anything... the extra stems are dummies.

Whoa... Did you know that when you purchased the watches or was this a "surprise feature" you found out about afterward?

The Bella and Rose box sets a pretty cheap and basic watches. Do a search on Bella Rose watch on Google.

Now some of the more expensive watch companies have product lines called Bella (for example Citizen has a $495 Bella watch).

First, I think it is Bell & Ross.

and if it is then:

After Sales Service Center

• BR TECH
    605 Lincoln Rd.
    Suite 300
    Miami Beach, FL 33139
    Phone: (786) 454-9739
    service@bellrossusa.com
    Hours of Operation (by appointment only): M-F 10am-12pm and 1pm-5pm EST

Thanks but they are not Bell & Ross. The Box definitely says Bella & Rose

Those watches are a LOT MORE TECHNICAL...and probably much more expensive.

Thanks but they are not Bell & Ross. The Box definitely says Bella & Rose

Those watches are a LOT MORE TECHNICAL...and probably much more expensive.

Are they the boxed sets? If they are look closely at the watches they will probably say Japan Mvt or Japan movement somewhere on the watch. If so then the additional buttons are probably dummies. If you can set the time using the center stem, then you probably have all of the information you need.

I have picked up some of these on past cruises to use as a watch on a beach or by a pool where I would need to take it off while swimming and did not want to take a chance on my regular watch. They look quite technical but the secondary dials are just for show. They are in general Chinese produced and it is why you will not find an internet presence under the brand name and why there are no instructions.

Go to Alibaba and do a search for Bella Rose watch. The first thing that comes up is one of the box sets that Princess sells. Cost $4-$5 dollars each minimum order 1000 units. I would expect the other box Bella & Rose box sets to be similar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickEk View Post

FYI. If those watches are anything like the ones that we bought (packaged with a couple of other items), then those extra dials are actually just painted on. They don't do anything... the extra stems are dummies.

Whoa... Did you know that when you purchased the watches or was this a "surprise feature" you found out about afterward?

Thrak

Now I am even more upset. Yes those are the watches. The ones that came with a couple other items.

Now I may even want to RETURN THEM....

Again, I called Princess and HAD to leave a message. No return call yet.

look on ebay and you'll find a lot of these Bella & Rose watch sets available at very very low prices. If you can't figure out the settings, stop at a watch battery kiosk at any mall.

Just because it was at Facets doesn't make it a good watch. The good watches are locked in display cases, not out on the "today's special sale tables. As a previous poster mentioned, a Bell & Ross watch will probably have a 4 digit price tag.

DH bought one in January and another last week on the Ruby TA--they were $19.99 with a wallet and a ball point pen. He's very hard on watches so they're perfect for every day use. The one from January is still running fine and keeping accurate time which is why he bought another one last week. He knew that only the time set stem worked; for $19.99 he didn't expect anything more.

My former boss, who was always well dressed, wore a Rolex. I figured it was authentic based upon her title and the size of her office. She chuckled when someone complimented her on the watch. She said her husband, who was a pilot with Delta, would pick up a fake Rolex for her on the streets of NYC about once a year. They always seemed to freeze up after about twelve months. It was probably just the battery, but it was easier just to toss.

Enjoy your watches, and hopefully their batteries will last until your next cruise!

Are they the boxed sets? If they are look closely at the watches they will probably say Japan Mvt or Japan movement somewhere on the watch. If so then the additional buttons are probably dummies. If you can set the time using the center stem, then you probably have all of the information you need.

I have picked up some of these on past cruises to use as a watch on a beach or by a pool where I would need to take it off while swimming and did not want to take a chance on my regular watch. They look quite technical but the secondary dials are just for show. They are in general Chinese produced and it is why you will not find an internet presence under the brand name and why there are no instructions.

Go to Alibaba and do a search for Bella Rose watch. The first thing that comes up is one of the box sets that Princess sells. Cost $4-$5 dollars each minimum order 1000 units. I would expect the other box Bella & Rose box sets to be similar.

Ahhh! How could we live without all those wonderful Chinese products? Do I dare ask what you paid Princess for your Chinese watches?

Thanks to all of you who were nice enough to reply to my inquiry.

Princess finally returned my call and I have decided to return them to Princess.

These were for family members who are very high Tech and I don't think they would find them very useful.

It probably will cost me more to ship them back to Princess in Santa Clarita than to just donate them somewhere but I want Princess to know that the people on the ship should advise anyone who is purchasing them exactly what they are and what they are not. I never would have purchased them if I knew more about them. Maybe it was partially my fault for not taking more time to examine them when I purchased them.

I was recently on-board Caribbean Princess and purchased 4 Bella & Rose watches. Three are men's watches and one is a ladies. The men's watches have three different stems for setting different functions. I am not even sure what the different functions are for.

When I got home and had a better chance to look at them, I realized that the instructions and/or warrantee was not in the box on any of them. This does not seem like just a problem with the ones I bought, since I had picked them from the table of many (maybe over 50) that were on display.

I called Princess and asked to talk to the department that could help me. At first the agent said that they did not come with any instructions ? I told her that these were not just the $10 cheapo watches, they were sold at Facets boutique.

I had first tried looking on-line for the company name to see if I could call them directly, but did not find anything. The Princess reservation agent said she could not transfer me to the Boutique Dept. directly, but would check with them. Then she gave me an email address to write to. I immediately emailed the address that she gave me and I have not received any reply or even any acknowledgement of my request yet...

I am really mad that I have brought home these watches for my family and I cannot even give them their watches because I can't even set them.

I don't want to return them to Princess, I just want to get some instructions on how to set them.

Any suggestions?

Why buy watches on a ship???

Why buy watches on a ship???

People seem to do it all the time. They vary between the cheapo bargain watches and higher end watches. Some say they get a great deal on expensive watches compared to land pricing. Personally I don't get the lure of expensive watches but to each his own. If you have the money and want an expensive watch and it's a good deal compared to land pricing then why not buy a watch onboard?

The 10.00 or 20.00 (less 10%) watches sold on princess are a great "in port" or beach watch. I would not wear one of my good watches to the beach, but the princess watches are great for about 10 to 12 months. I have received many complements on a white 9.00 watch I bought and rebought twice again on princess and always laugh and confess how cheap it was.

• 1 year later...

I just bought one of these; appears to have 3 stems, and clearly has two small dials, one for day and one for date. Unfortunately, as someone else in this thread has indicated, the 2 "extra" stems are false, and the date and day dials are non-functional (they can't be set, and don't move). While the watch looks nice, this is a clear case of deceptive sales. While only $20, can get the same for half that withoutthe fake dials (the reason I bought it)!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at any of this because anything you buy on the ship with moving parts it's always buyer beware. I don't go to those push and shove sales on board as people get caught up in the buying frenzy of getting a deal on cheap China crap (another term I use for those sales). I did buy a nice blue shell necklace but the darn thing is difficult to latch.

I am not picking on you specifically but using you as an example.

Never buy anything on a ship that costs more than $2 that you do not know how to use. Verify that everything works before you leave the ship.

Never buy anything on a ship without checking the contents of the box first.

Never buy anything on a ship that you have not checked out first on the internet before you left on the cruise.

In all of my cruising, the only thing that either my wife or I have ever bought was 2 Citizen watches. Nothing else. They are known brands that I can get serviced anywhere in world.

Basically, you did none of these things and you got taken.

DON

Basically, you did none of these things and you got taken.

DON

Interesting that you would say that. I have read many a thread here at CC regarding passengers purchasing items and they either break, tarnish, or quit working. Even some of the art work from the art auctions falls into question as well. One particular company if you look on the internet did not have very good ratings and some suggested fraud was involved. Even saw some newspaper article of the company being sued. So, you are right about buying cheap stuff and expecting it to be the best quality. You get what you pay for as the saying goes.