World Cruise Query

WillH

I wonder if someone who has been on a Cunard World Cruise recently could help me.

I know that on a normal voyage, the MDR is not open for lunch on embarkation day for Britannia/Britannia Club passengers, though the Grills restaurants are open. However, on a World Voyage where there are many ports where passengers embark/disembark, does this same closure of the restaurant at lunchtime happen at each embarkation port ?

Many Thanks

Will

I wonder if someone who has been on a Cunard World Cruise recently could help me.

I know that on a normal voyage, the MDR is not open for lunch on embarkation day for Britannia/Britannia Club passengers, though the Grills restaurants are open. However, on a World Voyage where there are many ports where passengers embark/disembark, does this same closure of the restaurant at lunchtime happen at each embarkation port ?

Many Thanks

Will

Hi , in my experience during the world cruise sectors, the MDR is open for current passengers and is not meant to be utilised by embarking passengers.

Hi , in my experience during the world cruise sectors, the MDR is open for current passengers and is not meant to be utilised by embarking passengers.

Roscoe39 - many thanks for that. It sounds as though we won't have to brave the crowds in Kings Court at the embarkation ports.

Many thanks Scrapnana. One less thing to worry about. We now just need to decide whether to stick with our QM2 2016 World Cruise booking or change to QV as it now looks as though the next refit on QM2 will be after the 2016 World Cruise!

Will

Many thanks Scrapnana. One less thing to worry about. We now just need to decide whether to stick with our QM2 2016 World Cruise booking or change to QV as it now looks as though the next refit on QM2 will be after the 2016 World Cruise!

Will

although I love the QV and my next two cruises are planned on her., dont be misled that the QM2 is in need desperately of a makeover. My cruise last year on her showed her in good stead, and the "rust everywhere" comment I saw was a little over the top....she is made of steel and she is a ship...of course rust is a constant problem!

ps...also for lunch, if you are on the Qm2, the little diner on the top deck is great!

• 2 weeks later...

Will

Will, I've been following your dilemma...when do you need to make your decision, meaning - at what point do you lose your deposit and/or make your final payment on the QM2 2016 World Cruise? Regards, -S