C'est VISTA!

Orison

If those renderings are the new CARNIVAL VISTA, then I'm disappointed. Yet another retread of the Destiny/Conquest/Splendor/Dream Class. Yes the bow section and aft end were redesigned but otherwise it's the same old thing. Good lord this basic design dates back to pre-1995 and Carnival just keeps rehashing it, enlarging it, and figuring out ways to jam in more cabins. I was really hoping for something completely new and groundbreaking.

One thing is for certain, this is most definitely not Fincantieri's Project Pinnacle. I would say that will be one of the new MSC ships which really do look innovative and groundbreaking. This is more of what I was hoping CARNIVAL VISTA would be like.

getAsset.aspx?ItemID=22122

If those renderings are the new CARNIVAL VISTA, then I'm disappointed. Yet another retread of the Destiny/Conquest/Splendor/Dream Class. Yes the bow section and aft end were redesigned but otherwise it's the same old thing. Good lord this basic design dates back to pre-1995 and Carnival just keeps rehashing it, enlarging it, and figuring out ways to jam in more cabins. I was really hoping for something completely new and groundbreaking.

One thing is for certain, this is most definitely not Fincantieri's Project Pinnacle. I would say that will be one of the new MSC ships which really do look innovative and groundbreaking. This is more of what I was hoping CARNIVAL VISTA would be like.

getAsset.aspx?ItemID=22122

I am sure glad you waited to get "all the facts" before the bashing begins. A couple of points/questions: How the heck can you draw all these "facts" from a drawing? Different front and back but everything else is the same? There is no project Pinnacle, it was a concept. If anything it would have been (might be) Project Mille. I for one don't want or hope for a megaopolis of the seas for Carnival.

Maybe we can get an official rendering of the ship and what she will have on it before we totally trash it.

I am sure glad you waited to get "all the facts" before the bashing begins. A couple of points/questions: How the heck can you draw all these "facts" from a drawing? Different front and back but everything else is the same? There is no project Pinnacle, it was a concept. If anything it would have been (might be) Project Mille. I for one don't want or hope for a megaopolis of the seas for Carnival.

Maybe we can get an official rendering of the ship and what she will have on it before we totally trash it.

There are no facts yet except the dimensions and capacity. Right now it's all speculation good or bad, and this rendering is all we have to go by. Based on the rendering I made some observations, and from what I can see (at least on the exterior) it appears to be another tweaked Destiny/Conquest/Splendor/Dream Class. That is my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Simple as that. Be prepared for lots more speculation as this is just the beginning. That is how it works when there is a new ship with very few details. In fact this entire "Everything Vista" section of CC is filled with pretty much nothing but speculation at this point. Sorry if I'm not gushing over how fantastic it looks. This isn't a Carnival cheerleading site and if you can't tolerate a variety of opinions without going off the deep end perhaps Cruise Critic isn't for you.

You're correct about Pinnacle. I meant to say Mille. Mistake on my part but sounds like you understood what I was implying perfectly well.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by eroller

There are no facts yet except the dimensions and capacity. Right now it's all speculation good or bad, and this rendering is all we have to go by. Based on the rendering I made some observations, and from what I can see (at least on the exterior) it appears to be another tweaked Destiny/Conquest/Splendor/Dream Class. That is my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Simple as that. Be prepared for lots more speculation as this is just the beginning. That is how it works when there is a new ship with very few details. In fact this entire "Everything Vista" section of CC is filled with pretty much nothing but speculation at this point. Sorry if I'm not gushing over how fantastic it looks. This isn't a Carnival cheerleading site and if you can't tolerate a variety of opinions without going off the deep end perhaps Cruise Critic isn't for you.

You're correct about Pinnacle. I meant to say Mille. Mistake on my part but sounds like you understood what I was implying perfectly well.

We'll said.

This is what I believe it may look like....its not gonna be the same..

http://www.cruiseshipnews.co.uk/20140627/carnival-vista-design-and-plans-remain-elusive/

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Why would they remove the whale's tail funnel that has become such a recognizable icon for Carnival? There is even a miniature version in front of the head office in Doral.

And just for the record there was a carnival pinnacle project. Thank god it never saw the light of day. Now let us never speak of it again

ImageUploadedByForums1413352765.721283.jpg.46840ae4b8c944764f84fe269eb5784f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Forums

Edited by InTheWASide

Why would they remove the whale's tail funnel that has become such a recognizable icon for Carnival? There is even a miniature version in front of the head office in Doral.

That is not a proper rendering of vista. That is a fincantieri concept ship design. And the pictures of MSC project seaside is what uses this platform.

That is not a proper rendering of vista. That is a fincantieri concept ship design. And the pictures of MSC project seaside is what uses this platform.

The previous poster stated they believe the Carnival Vista would look like that believing it would not appear anywhere similar to previous designs. I didn't read the article and only looked at the image prior to exiting the tab. I was trying to figure out why the previous poster thought of the funnel disappearing.

Edited by Disconnections

True enough, there are no facts,and I am sure there will be plenty of speculation, some positive and some bashing which is not an unusual thing on the Carnival thread. I have been here a while and can "tolerate" all the bashing.

If I comment on a post of yours I hope you can appreciate "my" opinion well. I was not trying to imply anything other than correct you.;) There was (as another poster says) two separate projects. The Pinnacle concept was something Fincantieri did specifically for Carnival (right around the time Oasis and Epic were being bandied about). Mille is a actual project to be sold to cruise lines, very different in that it went way farther than the pinnacle that went no further tun ideas put to a computer storyboard.

My whole point of the reply is you are already ripping it with "no" facts and one made up drawing from a poster (albeit very well informed poster). I look forward to discussing it in further detail with you when we hear more. Even if it turns out not to be a Mille design, it will be a brand new ship with many new features....we will see how you like those when they come out. :)

I don't believe the whole image of the tail will go. But the newer type engines (I believe) takes to only straight pipes going out. Also if you notice the piece that's coming from in front of the smoke stack, up behind it and back down the side.....looks just like the same design of the white stripe on the tail.....from the side...

I know that I do not follow all this as closely as some of the posters here, but is the timeline that Carnival is releasing information (or will release), similar to other lines and even other Carnival ships? How far in advance did Royal release info on the Oasis or Quantum as compared to the Vista (or even the Dream class)? If anybody has that information I would be interested in knowing. It just seems to me that Carnival is being very secretive about the Vista. But, maybe the timing is typical in the industry.

We have no clue.....I've read in this past article of it supposing to be the same but larger then the Breeze. I've also seen pics of it looking just like the Breeze.....but a few things changed on it (front and back under side) also a floor added on to one of the photos.... I have read most things pointing to a new ship. But, I don't think anyone is truly going to know until it comes out.. Unless you live near or work at this shipyard. But..... Its nice to imagine what it'll look like and I really don't think they can do to much wrong....the company has to be doing something right...

True enough, there are no facts,and I am sure there will be plenty of speculation, some positive and some bashing which is not an unusual thing on the Carnival thread. I have been here a while and can "tolerate" all the bashing.

If I comment on a post of yours I hope you can appreciate "my" opinion well. I was not trying to imply anything other than correct you.;) There was (as another poster says) two separate projects. The Pinnacle concept was something Fincantieri did specifically for Carnival (right around the time Oasis and Epic were being bandied about). Mille is a actual project to be sold to cruise lines, very different in that it went way farther than the pinnacle that went no further tun ideas put to a computer storyboard.

My whole point of the reply is you are already ripping it with "no" facts and one made up drawing from a poster (albeit very well informed poster). I look forward to discussing it in further detail with you when we hear more. Even if it turns out not to be a Mille design, it will be a brand new ship with many new features....we will see how you like those when they come out. :)

I am aware of the differences between Pinnacle Project and Mille. I follow the cruise industry very closely, not just Carnival. I just wrote Pinnacle instead of Mille in my original post in error. My mistake on that one.

I also don't feel I'm "ripping" apart the ship. If anything I'm criticizing the rendering as we don't even know if this will be the actual ship or not. If it is, then I will likely be disappointed as it appears to be a rehashed design of the current Destiny/Conquest/Splendor/Dream Class. I don't make any apologies for wanting Carnival to come up with something COMPLETELY new, a prototype, and not a rehashed design predating 1995. We have seen brand new prototype designs recently from Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, MSC, NCL, Princess, etc. Carnival likes to call the Dream Class new, but it really isn't. It's the same basic design of the original DESTINY but with more decks of cabins and of course some pretty major tweaks to the original design. I'm really over this basic design and I never thought it was great even when brand new.

What would make me happy is something truly original and innovative from Carnival. This is the way Carnival used to be. The industry waiting in anticipation as to just what they would do next. Those days are over and I don't think anyone in the industry views Carnival as innovative anymore. Now prices seems to be the only driving factor that makes Carnival so popular, and don't get me wrong they do offer a great product for the price. It's just that they play it safe compared to the competition using existing designs while other mass-market lines have surpassed them in design, technology, and innovation. I would truly love to see Carnival do something daring again … take a risk or two. I've been sailing on Carnival since the late 70's and for the most part I've outgrown them, but I still like to try all the new designs so I'm sure I'll be booking CARNIVAL VISTA when she makes her debut, and I truly hope she will be something special.

I'll be waiting with anticipation for more details!

I do see your POV but....that's the same way I feel about RCCL and NCL. Honestly..... Out of the newer ships built.... All I'd do is the oasis class, just for the experience. I think the divide we see within the way the cruise industry has been moving is the same divide that's shown within our society. I love everything carnival has to offer. I don't need things that most others offer nor could I see myself doing them. But that's just me. I want to relax on the ship and do adventures at the ports of call...... Even the same style things offered on the ship if not more daring. Its all just personal preference tho.