246 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite class of ship?

• Sovereign Class
    • Vision Class
    • Radiance Class
    • Voyager Class
    • Freedom
    • Oasis

Looks like bigger isn't always better, Radiance still holding 1st place with the votes. Sidenote: Why are Carnival cruisers posting what CCL ship they like in a Royal forum specifically asking about Royal ships? The mysteries of life....

Sorry about that. Using Tap a Talk on my I-Phone and did not see this was an RC thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy

This is an interesting thread an poll.

It would seem one would have to have sailed on 3 or more of the ship classes in order to have a viable and experience-based perspective. Many factors can come into play. Even cabin choices can impact the cruising experience (we always book an outside balcony).

Votes can also come down to personal preferences...which makes the poll interesting that it's actually pretty balanced among several choices.

Our actual answer (if it were in the poll) would be: It Depends (on sailing preferences and destinations).

In any case...we voted OASIS class. Our choice was based on the overall cruise experience and availability to the most options of dining, services, and activities onboard, as well as overall sailing comfort and stability. Choices are good.

Our INDY of the Seas (Freedom Class) overall experience was 90% in comparison to OASIS.

Our Voyager Class (on Adventure twice) cruises were very nice both times. We'd rate them at 90% as good as OASIS on the ship and 100% as good based on destinations...averaging 95% overall.

Our Radiance of the Seas trip this year was 90% as good as the OASIS in terms of the ship itself but 110% as good based on the Alaska destination experience...averaging out to equal (100%).

Our next cruise is on Allure, where the bar is raised even further from our previous cruises to the Caribbean and Alaska - with a both great ship and great destinations.

Our experience has been that the ship and destination both significantly contribute to the overall cruise experience. A great ship to poor destinations or "OK" ship to great destinations can impact perceptions on that particular ship.

OASIS, Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom Class ships all have nice things to offer. Happy sailing!

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Something cool.

It's a website http://www.marinetraffic.com. Put the ship name in the search under Vessel. I have a couple of ships I follow as "My Fleet" and I get emails on some of them. You need to register to have a fleet (I don't pay for extras) I got an email from the on Sunday night and thought it was strange that FR was coming back into Port. clicked on the position link and saw they had just passed the mouth of the port and could also see them on the webcam. Very interesting maneuver to watch.

This poll has been repeated many times over the years. With the recent addition of Oasis class and Quantum class ships, I wondered if the results would skew toward the newer ships. As of right now, Radiance Class leads the pack. This has been the case with previous polls as well. It's one of the reasons I booked my first Radiance Class cruise. I hope RCL is paying attention and doesn't lose sight of the fact that this class of ship still has a larger number of fans than the mega ships.

Might I say very well said. I am also a Radiance girl. I will be attempting to take my elderly Mother and husband in 2016 on Brilliance, and that is a big a I would go. Mom tries to walk it out, but she will get tired quick. She has already asked me where they are, and I have put them middle ship.

I too wish RCL takes notice and realize that the population is getting older. You need to keep the Radiance size and that amazing style around! I might suggest if you are going to build more build part of the ship with bigger walkways for the pax that need the chairs.

• 3 months later...

Just returned from my first Radiance class cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. We had a great time; lovely ship and crew, however, Freedom class still remains my favorite. When Liberty was pulling up right next to us in Cozumel this week, I remembered how much we love Freedom class. :)