Tell me about B2B!

moesyk4

So excited, after months of research finally found a deal we liked with a great price on a 4 day and 5 day B2B on the Independence OTS next November. We are in the family oceanview 8200 which I am super excited about as well!

Anyway, this will be my first B2B...we are sailing with my MIL and our 3 children so hoping to make it as soon as possible. How does a B2B work? I'm assuming we can just keep everything in our cabin...our we allowed to hang out wherever on the ship while everyone else is filing off? I believe I've heard you have to get off and on but don't have to go back through registration? Anything else we should know? Will we be allowed in our room during the transition?

So excited, after months of research finally found a deal we liked with a great price on a 4 day and 5 day B2B on the Independence OTS next November. We are in the family oceanview 8200 which I am super excited about as well!

Anyway, this will be my first B2B...we are sailing with my MIL and our 3 children so hoping to make it as soon as possible. How does a B2B work? I'm assuming we can just keep everything in our cabin...our we allowed to hang out wherever on the ship while everyone else is filing off? I believe I've heard you have to get off and on but don't have to go back through registration? Anything else we should know? Will we be allowed in our room during the transition?

If you are in the same stateroom for both cruises, then you don't have to pack anything. You will have to leave the ship briefly and get back on, no registration. After that, you are free to use your stateroom. There won't be any bars or restaurants open until the new guests start to board. However, you will be able to use any deck chair you want.

Edited by clarea

To add to what Bob has already posted, breakfast is only served until 8AM in the MDR and 8:30 in the WJ, so if you want breakfast, you'll have to be up with the early birds. :) Room Service is not available on debarkation morning.

Depending on the number of consecutive cruisers, you will either have a meeting prior to the end of the first cruise or just receive a letter of instructions delivered to your cabin on what to expect on turn around day. Sometimes you will meet as a group, be led off and then led right back on again.

You will have access to your cabin even though the fire doors are closed for the new pax coming on board. They are heavy to open, but can be done.

Since each cruise is handled separately, your SeaPass account will be closed at the conclusion of the first cruise and a new account started for the second. There is no roll over of any unused OBC from cruise to cruise.

I would also suggest that sometime during the first cruise you pay a visit to Guest Services and make sure that they have you listed as a consecutive cruiser.

Edited by cruisenfever

To add to what Bob has already posted, breakfast is only served until 8AM in the MDR and 8:30 in the WJ, so if you want breakfast, you'll have to be up with the early birds. :) Room Service is not available on debarkation morning.

Depending on the number of consecutive cruisers, you will either have a meeting prior to the end of the first cruise or just receive a letter of instructions delivered to your cabin on what to expect on turn around day. Sometimes you will meet as a group, be led off and then led right back on again.

You will have access to your cabin even though the fire doors are closed for the new pax coming on board. They are heavy to open, but can be done.

Since each cruise is handled separately, your SeaPass account will be closed at the conclusion of the first cruise and a new account started for the second. There is no roll over of any unused OBC from cruise to cruise.

I would also suggest that sometime during the first cruise you pay a visit to Guest Services and make sure that they have you listed as a consecutive cruiser.

Definitely go to guest services. Wife did not and missed the meeting yesterday on Freedom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Depending on the number of B2B passengers, there will be a meeting the day before disembarkation where you will be given all the instructions you need. As previously stated, no need to do anything if you are staying in the same cabin.

If you are moving cabins, simply pack all your "small" items. You can leave all your other clothes hanging and your cabin steward will move everything for you. Please don't forget to empty the safe.

During the first disembarkation, all the B2B cruisers will disembark together, receive their new sea passes, clear customs, and walk straight back to the ship.

You will have a wonderful time exploring an empty ship before your second sailing. In addition, there will be a "Special" lunch in the MDR for all B2B cruisers. Happy sailing! :)

Depending on the number of B2B passengers, there will be a meeting the day before disembarkation where you will be given all the instructions you need. As previously stated, no need to do anything if you are staying in the same cabin.

If you are moving cabins, simply pack all your "small" items. You can leave all your other clothes hanging and your cabin steward will move everything for you. Please don't forget to empty the safe.

During the first disembarkation, all the B2B cruisers will disembark together, receive their new sea passes, clear customs, and walk straight back to the ship.

You will have a wonderful time exploring an empty ship before your second sailing. In addition, there will be a "Special" lunch in the MDR for all B2B cruisers. Happy sailing! :)

This varies by ship. We've had to disembark as a group and then we have not had to disembark.

Our experience has been that we've received our new SeaPass cards during the meeting (if there is one) the afternoon prior to turnaround day, the night before (left in our cabin) or the morning of. No one is allowed back on the ship until a zero count has been recorded, so it's not always a case of walking straight back on the ship. We've had to wait up to 30 minutes before reboarding.

A special lunch is only held if there are a certain number of consecutive cruisers.