Cabins below Lido on Ruby, Noisy?

Miller_KC

Hi,

I have sailed Carnival 17 times but our family is looking at our first cruise on Princess. The travel agent wants to put us on the Riviera deck below the Calypso pool on the Lido because it's a free upgrade. On Carnival this is a definite no go because of probable noise issues. Would this room have any noise problems on the Ruby Princess? Other adjacent cabins a few decks down have rooms above and below. Would it be better if we take a lower deck?

Also, how dressy is dining on Princess, still 2 formal nights like Carnival, should I pack a tux?

Thank you for any information you can give me!

-Bob-

I wouldn't. Like Carnival or any other cruise line, booking a cabin beneath public deck or the buffet can mean noise from very early in the morning until late at night.

Most Princess passengers follow the requested dress for formal night. A tux isn't necessary but won't be out of place.

Have you read reviews here on CC? Have a look: http://www.cruisecritic.com/ruby-princess-deck-plans/dp/?ShipID=443&deck=14 click on your state room category and a list of reviews pops up. It's a great tool.

You could also Google 'best cabins on Ruby Princess' to see what pops up.

Edited by Grannycb

Thank you for all of the answers!

I suspected the risks of noise would be the same, but others in the family said Princess probably didn't have the noise problem. Most of us like to dress for dinner on the cruises, but a few are not fond of wearing a tux so that should work out fine. I will check out the other reviews mentioned and see what is available on the Caribe deck.

All of the advice is greatly appreciated.