Anyone ever have success calling Carnival to get a deal on an upgrade?

yamsi12

Im 26 days away from a 3 day cruise and Ive been watching the suites on the Inspiration. recently 2 grand suites opened up (Im guessing they cancelled or got the owners suites). There are still 200+ rooms available on the ship with less than 4 weeks til the sail date. I know they call people and try and upsell....has anyone ever called and upsold themselves (ie gotten a room upgrade for more money, just not the rate listed on their website)?

Thanks....

How do you know there are that many unsold cabins??

I went through every room category and deck and counted what was still available.

Took some time but there are 200+ cabins still available for a cruise less than 4 weeks away. Hopefully they drop the price and I can get an OBC or maybe a suite upsell at a decent price.

The thing is, you don't know if some are unassigned guarantees, from my understanding.

That said, I had them call me about one cruise and I told them to call me with an offer about the other. They did, the very same day! They know you're a solid lead if you call them. Worst they can say is no! Give it a shot!

I have been offered 3 different suites on the November Cruise. I took the first offer as it was a very good deal, 780 less than if I bought it myself. Next upgrade for a grand suite was an additional 1200, I said no. Then they offered the captains suite at 2260 more, I said no. She then dropped the upgrade fee for grand to 760 from 1200, again said no. Was told if I changed my mind and saw that rooms were still available to call back and see what the price was that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just double checked how my fellow cruiser got his upgrade. He emailed his PVP with what he wanted and what he would pay. The PVP forwarded it to the Promotions Dept, which is where the Upgrade/Upsell Fairy lives. The Promotions Dept then called him and he was able to do his upgrade.

We have only ever up sold our selves. Would be an awesome experience if one could see a cruise they are going on is not selling well and in essence set their own price for the up sell. Even more awesome if they did it as an upgrade. Can't hurt to try.

Happy sailing!!!