Transatlantic Crossing Temperature

lrockwitt

This is the southern route. You will probably need a light jacket and long pants for sightseeing. The further south we get, the warmer it will be. For the actual crossing, I plan on capris and tops. Maybe need a sweater/shawl for the dining room. FLL in early November should be 80's with lower humidity.

I did the SOutherly route in October a few years ago and the weather was glorious - like a Caribbean cruise the whole way across and the ocean was like a mill pond. That said, it's entirely variable and it just takes one tropical storm or hurricane to veer "harmlessly" toward the middle Atlantic to throw a wrench in everything.

Barcelona to Fll

Ditto what Ethel said. Last time I did that route in mid-October, it was gorgeous. Warm and sunny in Barcelona, warm and sunny in Florida! For the sea days, maybe a light cover depending on the breeze or the indoor temps a night. But pool weather most days, with the sun feeling warmer the farther towards Florida you get.

Checking the "Log of the Cruise" from the Royal's mid-October 2014 crossing between Barcelona & Fort Lauderdale via Madeira, here are the temperatures:

Barcelona: 79°

2 sea days: 70°/71°

Madeira: 73°

7 sea days: from 75° until 81° during the final two days

It was a very smooth and warm crossing & hopefully you'll have the same experience. :) Our cabin was on the sunny port (left) side & for us sometimes it was too hot to sit long on our balcony.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We've sailed from Barcelona twice on the southern crossing route. Both were early November departures so a bit later than the OP's cruise. We had glorious weather on both. Cooler in Barcelona and European ports but from Madeira on it was pool weather with calm seas. Love this route in the fall...

We also did a TA in early November, and it was lovely once we were out of the Med.

However, Barcelona was 50 degrees F for the highs the two days we were there, and with the humidity it was very cold (we live in the Rocky Mts., so, believe me, we do know what cold is). I wish I had taken a pair of gloves and something heavier to layer under my rain jacket. The weather didn't stop us, but those days were not as pleasant as the other times we've been in Barcelona that time of year. Since then I take a pair of gloves and a moderate sweater to fit under the rain jacket when visiting Barcelona that time of year. Haven't needed them since, but gloves and a light sweater don't weigh much, and they're insurance I now believe.

Oh, and be sure to take an umbrella and/or a rain jacket, since that time of year can have rain in the Med.