Steakhouse Cooking Demonstration

Dixie24

I recently read about the steakhouse cooking demonstration on a review. Do all ships with a steakhouse offer this? Is there a charge for this?

I think so. No charge. Generally once per 7 day cruise and I think on the first sea day. I don't care so much about the demo as you get to taste the food. It makes for a nice lunch. :)

Was on the dream last month. The samples were good but that was about it. Be advised on the dream class ships the basketball court is directly over the steak house. You will not hear anything they are saying because of this. We actually laughed it off but not a very good situation.

Food samples rather good. Hope they will change the samples as same ones for quite a few years.

I agree. Would love for them to change up the recipes made in the cooking demonstration.

I also wish they would serve that delicious mac n cheese at the demonstration in the steak house.

I find it interesting that some people want change, and some complain when Carnival does change.

Since this was obviously directed at me thought I would post my opinion of some of the changes. I do try to be objective and say what I think both good and bad.

Comedy Club addition Excellent

Hasbro for evening entertainment and only entertainment in evening in main lounge. Awful

New Menu Very good was getting tired of same old menu

Playlist Production Initially thought it was terrible but some of the newer ones much better. Still prefer the older production shows

Guys burgers Excellent

Pizza pirate Pizza much better than before

Brunch on Sea Days Very good

Burrito Bar Excellent

• 2 months later...

BigMomma when I did it in Sept on the Magic it was the first sea day at about 11AM in the steakhouse. They did a mushroom soup, spinach salad, chicken and mc and cheese and then some sort of dessert. It was more than enough for a light lunch. Watch the fun times. I know it will be early in the cruise because they want to book the steakhouse.

Food samples rather good. Hope they will change the samples as same ones for quite a few years.

I agree. Would love for them to change up the recipes made in the cooking demonstration.

I also wish they would serve that delicious mac n cheese at the demonstration in the steak house.

If you go on the longer cruises, there is a second one with a different menu and frankly not as good as the first one. As many times as we have had the cappuccino mushroom soup, chicken, spinach salad and tiramisu, it never gets old as we cannot get this lunch elsewhere...lol.

No need to go for lunch after these demo samples.:D

If you go on the longer cruises, there is a second one with a different menu and frankly not as good as the first one. As many times as we have had the cappuccino mushroom soup, chicken, spinach salad and tiramisu, it never gets old as we cannot get this lunch elsewhere...lol.

No need to go for lunch after these demo samples.:D

Just back from Miracle 15 day and only one demo.