Sofitel Miami hotel

DKNE

I haven't stayed there but we parked for our last cruise (I'm local and they had a good rate for the company I work for) however it is a LONG way from the port - about a $30 cab ride

We decided not to wait for the shuttle to the port and I don't think they had a shuttle back

Nice hotel - near the airport - not near south beach

We stayed there in 2011. Quiet hotel, strip mall with a Publix is about a 10 minute walk away. Not much in the area but hotel was clean, quiet, and if you like airplanes ask for a higher room facing the airport. We would stay there again.

Have stayed here several times. We found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable.

The port of Miami is only about 15 minutes drive, and the taxi fare was reasonable. The hotel restaurant is a big pricey, and there is not a lot within walking distance, however--there is a restaurant about a quarter mile away that has excellent food and service--The 94th AeroSquadron.