Losing before Cruising April 2015

nfldpenguin

Lost two pounds first week. I have followed my plan faithfully but it is not easy. I am trying to just walk away from temptation. I know if I can go three weeks it will get easier. My hardest times are weekends. Need to plan what I eat when I get up and stick to the plan those days. I remind myself that it's more then just looking good in clothes but carrying around less weight on my joints and bones. I imagine carrying around a 15 pound bag of potatoes with me everywhere and how good it feels to put it down. LOL! Check in next week.

I have a June cruise and want to get in better shape & lose - lose - lose! My goal is cut out/minimal carbs during the week and manage my carbs better on the weekend. Carbs are my weakness and best friend to my thighs and stomach! I have to split them up...

I just found this thread. I started back on WW in January. We have a cruise at the end of April with lots of ports and swimsuits. I am down 6 pounds last month. Hoping to lose another 20 before the cruise. I am trying to walk and bike at least twice a week. With my work schedule , it will be a challenge to get enough daylight to make this happen. I like the marbles in a jar idea. Keep up the good work all.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

It has been a difficult couple of weeks with my weight but I have not cheated from the Medifast diet at all. As of this morning I'm down 39.5 pounds which is great but only down 4.5 pounds since the 22nd. YUCK!

My original goal was 40 pounds by cruise date which is still a month away so I'm going to modify and say I want to lose another 5 pounds before we leave.

If you dont mind I'll join you lovely ladies too! I cruise March 15 with my DH and 3 of my best friends from HS and their husbands/boyfriend and there will be *so* many pictures. DH and I work out with a trainer 3x a week with cardio sessions when we're not doing HIIT and strength workouts with our trainer.

As far as eating goes I recently got diagnosed with Hashimotos and was advised to see a functional medicine dr to figure out what other than going gluten free (which I've been for a month now) would be best for foods to try and lessen the damage to my thyroid. I'm currently on day 10 of a 30 day detox diet (first 10 days fruits and veg, next 10 can add in some fish, next 10 can add in chicken and nuts so its not 30 days of "detox" per say). I"m down over 10lbs, but I'd say a large part of that is due to just not eating at all due to a family loss on Sunday (my dad passed away from cancer/pneumonia complications). Anyway I'm excited to see if I can lose another 10-15 lbs in the next month or so before the trip.

Welcome to all the new members! Support is one the keys to reaching yor goals!

Together we can get there.

Update on me, I'm back on track with my nutritional products and the pounds are disappearing. And best of all I'm feeling amAzing. Also been working on my schedule to allow more time for getting my workouts in. so glad I'm back on track :-)

How's everyone else doing? Come on, let's stay on track and reach our goals!

Three week on WW. I lost one pound last week total 6.5. I knew it would slow down and am ok with that. Very healthy eating and have not cheated. It helps that with weight watchers I can still have low cal snacks as long as I count them. If I can continue a pound a week I will make my goal of 15 by the cruise.

Glad to see others weight losses too.

Yep, I've started this too as I'm cruising on RCL in April as well! I've been upping my gym classes and PT sessions. So far I've lost centimetres but no weight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Winky,

I'm also sailing on RC in April.. I'll be on the April 11th Tampa sailing on Brilliance of Seas. When are you going?... I can always use a workout buddy in the gym while on board.

Patty

If you dont mind I'll join you lovely ladies too! I cruise March 15 with my DH and 3 of my best friends from HS and their husbands/boyfriend and there will be *so* many pictures. DH and I work out with a trainer 3x a week with cardio sessions when we're not doing HIIT and strength workouts with our trainer.

As far as eating goes I recently got diagnosed with Hashimotos and was advised to see a functional medicine dr to figure out what other than going gluten free (which I've been for a month now) would be best for foods to try and lessen the damage to my thyroid. I'm currently on day 10 of a 30 day detox diet (first 10 days fruits and veg, next 10 can add in some fish, next 10 can add in chicken and nuts so its not 30 days of "detox" per say). I"m down over 10lbs, but I'd say a large part of that is due to just not eating at all due to a family loss on Sunday (my dad passed away from cancer/pneumonia complications). Anyway I'm excited to see if I can lose another 10-15 lbs in the next month or so before the trip.

So sorry on the loss of your father. So hard.

Sounds like you are well on your way to losing another 10-15 lbs. I fell off the wagon last week, but am determined to get back on track again. Good luck to you & everyone else!!

Hi all! I cruise in April on the Quantum. I started medifast in the beginning of January and have lost 36 lbs so far. I'm hoping to lose another 15 lbs at least before we cruise.

Lisa

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Edited by JYeagersGrl

Hi all! I cruise in April on the Quantum. I started medifast in the beginning of January and have lost 36 lbs so far. I'm hoping to lose another 15 lbs at least before we cruise.

Lisa

I'm on that cruise with you. Is that all you ate (no other food)? I really need to lose at least 20 pounds and nothing is working.

Another Medifast user here... to start you go on the 5 in 1 plan which is five of their meals and 1 lean and green meal a day.

You can choose any 5 of their meals... I've been doing it for 4 months now so I have figured out what I like and don't like.

The lean and green meal is 6 oz of lean meat and 2 cups of veggies. There are things that are no nos like carrots, brussel sprouts and the higher carb veggies. Then based on what your lean meat is you may need to add a healthy fat.

Then you also get an optional snack ... I almost always eat pistachios for my snack but there are a few other options like sugar free popsicles.

You can order from the medifast website or a center but I order from Amazon as the boxes are a bit less.

Another Medifast user here... to start you go on the 5 in 1 plan which is five of their meals and 1 lean and green meal a day.

You can choose any 5 of their meals... I've been doing it for 4 months now so I have figured out what I like and don't like.

The lean and green meal is 6 oz of lean meat and 2 cups of veggies. There are things that are no nos like carrots, brussel sprouts and the higher carb veggies. Then based on what your lean meat is you may need to add a healthy fat.

Then you also get an optional snack ... I almost always eat pistachios for my snack but there are a few other options like sugar free popsicles.

You can order from the medifast website or a center but I order from Amazon as the boxes are a bit less.

I had no idea they had medifast stuff on Amazon. I'll hafta go look. Yes, I follow the 5 in 1 plan but never eat the optional snack. I try to work out 30 minutes a few times a week as well.

Hay ladies!

I just found this thread and we're cruising in April so I figured why not join!!

Seems like every yr its the same thing..After the holidays I get serious about working off the "winter 10lbs"....yes not a lot but im short 4'11 , so it has no where to go!! <lol,

Anyhow I was doing pretty good back on track with my Slim in 6 workout and well, yesterday was my bday, talked to my mom (which usually results in a couple glasses of wine)....Yeah I drank a whole bottle...Yes I know bad bad!!

Needless to say my 3 mile run and weight training was basically useless yesterday...But I'm back on track today..Whew , feel better just venting all that!

Ok , so hopfully By April i'll be down to where I'm happy for cruising..

Is there something special about the food that you lose weight so quickly or is it just healthier than you normally eat? I'm asking because when I diet I eat healthy and I think pretty low calorie but I still have a hard time losing weight. So I'm not sure I want to spend a lot of money if I might not lose weight on that diet. I walk between 10-30 minutes every day, go to Pilates 2 times a week and senior exercise class 2 times a week.

It's not just counting calories but it is also watching your carb intake. Here is a good site to start:

http://www.medifast1.com/weight-loss-plans/how-you-lose-weight.jsp

It's small nutrient rich meals five times a day with 1 lean and green meal. It is very important to eat every 3 hours.

Honestly I'm sure there are a ton of programs that if done correctly and consistently every day would work. I picked Medifast because I needed something I knew would work with my lifestyle. If I was using Weight Watchers it would be easy for me to say ok I'll eat out for lunch and use all my points and not eat at all today. With Medifast I grab 4 "meals" and go to work. I don't even think about cheating because I know I want to eat my "real" meal with my family and if I eat out then I can't do that.

Good to see this thread keep going.

I gained a half a pound this week. Total loss 6 pounds in one month. Kind of discouraged because I really have been faithful. I cheated only on Valentine's Day and split a piece of cake with the DH.

Still determined today. I can do this!

Is there something special about the food that you lose weight so quickly or is it just healthier than you normally eat? I'm asking because when I diet I eat healthy and I think pretty low calorie but I still have a hard time losing weight. So I'm not sure I want to spend a lot of money if I might not lose weight on that diet. I walk between 10-30 minutes every day, go to Pilates 2 times a week and senior exercise class 2 times a week.

I think for me watching the carb intake and being so high protein is extremely helpful and is why I've been so successful and dropping so fast. I also have a lot to lose so typically the more you have to lose the faster you lose.