Allure, Indy, or Adventure

Well if we end up choosing Indy, we will be cruising with you! We don't usually like to cruise around Easter, but due to some school restrictions, we have to this year. Thank for you input!

There is a roll call going for that cruise if you want to check it out - shaping out to be a great group; a lot of kids!

Too me this is a no lose situation. Since you've never been on a Freedom class, I think I would go for the 8 day and nice itinerary on INdy and save money. Allure and other Oasis class ships will still be there. I see you have been on Epic, so you do have some big ship experience.

I completely agree. I'm not worried about one of them being bad, because a RC cruise is always amazing. I know Oasis and Allure will always be around, it's just they will soon be getting Dynamic Dining, which may or may not appeal to us. Hoping to try that on Anthem in 2016.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I did not care for Indy. Never could put my finger on why. Loved Freedom though and they are almost the same. I would do Allure if you can swing the price. We've done Oasis and it was Fantastic!! With that class of ship it really doesn't matter where they stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not care for Indy. Never could put my finger on why. Loved Freedom though and they are almost the same. I would do Allure if you can swing the price. We've done Oasis and it was Fantastic!! With that class of ship it really doesn't matter where they stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, did you sail in the Caribbean or in Europe?

Do they sell the ships models, though? I read somewhere on here that they still did in one of the other shops.

We were just on Indy a few months back.

They DO NOT have a true LOGO SHIP like many other RCI ships, but they do sell some LOGO items in one of their Promenade shops...including the ship miniature models.

While your choice of ship definitely should be considered important, your destination ports should be of no less importance. Using that criteria, we'd still recommend Adventure for the 3 cruise options you stated originally.

We were just on Indy a few months back.

They DO NOT have a true LOGO SHIP like many other RCI ships, but they do sell some LOGO items in one of their Promenade shops...including the ship miniature models.

While your choice of ship definitely should be considered important, your destination ports should be of no less importance. Using that criteria, we'd still recommend Adventure for the 3 cruise options you stated originally.

Thanks for that info.

And yes, I do look at the ports and the ship almost equally. The exception is with Allure, since she is just an amazing ship. Out of all the ports in the three options, Curacao is the only one we haven't been to, (well we haven't been to Falmouth, but have been to Ochos Rios, so close enough) so I'm not sure that that is enough to sway us to choose Adventure.

Sailed on all 3 ships and as you know each is a different class. Adventure has great itinerary. Loved Voyager class when we sailed on them. Mariner was our last Voyager class sailing about 7 years ago.

We have not enjoyed Freedom class having been on Freedom and Indy.

LOVED Allure and WANT to sail on her again! Loved the specialty restaurants especially Samba's. The ship is so neat! For us, the ports of call were secondary on our initial sailing. It was our first sailing on Oasis class and so much to do and places to eat. We tried them all, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Again, thanks for all your responses.

Well, after going over these options, we've eliminated the Adventure... But, the extended family we are traveling with showed a little interest in a Celebrity cruise on the Silhouette. How does X and RC compare? I know they are both owned by the same company, but I've never really looked further into it. We love Royal, so for those of you who've sailed both lines, did you love your X cruise also?

EDIT: On the X cruise, we'd probably sail in a Concierge Class cabin, that have some extra amenities.

Allure had a price drop and now both the Indy and the Silhouette would be about $400-$500 less than Allure.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser