Allure, Indy, or Adventure

Some family members just decided that they are up for a vacation in Mar/Apr 2015, so now I had to figure out some options. We can either do Allure, Independence, or Adventure. And yes, I know Allure is in a league of her own, but is she worth the extra $$$? Here's my options...

8 Night Independence of the Seas

St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan, and Labadee

We've been to these ports before, but we love them.

Never been on Freedom Class and sailing on Indy would save us almost $900.

OR

7 Night Allure of the Seas

Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel

Ports aren't as good as Indy's, but we love Labadee and Cozumel, besides, this trip would be for the ship.

Never been on an Oasis Class ship.

And to add more pros/cons, the Allure will probably be getting DD during her dry dock and we wanted to sail her without that...

OR

7 Night Adventure of the Seas

St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, Curacao

Ports are good, but we wanted to sail on Freedom or Oasis Class, since we have been on Explorer twice.

Cheaper then both Indy and Allure.

So with all that said, what would you recommend??

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Some family members just decided that they are up for a vacation in Mar/Apr 2015, so now I had to figure out some options. We can either do Allure, Independence, or Adventure. And yes, I know Allure is in a league of her own, but is she worth the extra $$$? Here's my options...

OR

Ports aren't as good as Indy's, but we love Labadee and Cozumel, besides, this trip would be for the ship.

And to add more pros/cons, the Allure will probably be getting DD during her dry dock and we wanted to sail her without that...

OR

St. Thomas, St. Kitts, ArubA Curacao

Ports or good, but we wanted to sail on Freedom or Oasis Class.

If you asked me this 2 months ago I would have said Indy without any hesitation.

After sailing on Oasis recently I would get the banners, bunting and sirens out telling you to go for Allure.

I wish I lived in the USA so I could do Oasis class all of the time now for decent prices, compared to Europe.

If you asked me this 2 months ago I would have said Indy without any hesitation.

After sailing on Oasis recently I would get the banners, bunting and sirens out telling you to go for Allure.

I wish I lived in the USA so I could do Oasis class all of the time now for decent prices, compared to Europe.

If Allure wasn't so much more for one less day, then I think I'd be all for it, but I just love Indy's itinerary and the added day!! Thanks for your input.

I vote for Indy !!....love those ports and the Freedom class ships are my favorite....has everything you need and not so large that you feel like you are missing something.

I say go for ALLURE, go for it, as you said your going for the Ship. As you can tell we Love the Oasis Class, and can't wait to go back in Apr 2016

I say go for ALLURE, go for it, as you said your going for the Ship. As you can tell we Love the Oasis Class, and can't wait to go back in Apr 2016

Oh, I should have specified a little more. I meant that the cruise on the Allure would be for the ship. I wasn't referring to all the options. The one on Indy would be for the itinerary, along with a great ship, but not as amazing as Allure.

OR

OR

St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, Curacao

Ports are good, but we wanted to sail on Freedom or Oasis Class, since we have been on Explorer twice.

We are doing the 8 day Indy itinerary in February 2015 leaving on Valentines Day. We got a great price and the extra day, became a bonus.

I loved Liberty when we sailed on her a few years ago, and Indy is another ship in the Freedom class, so I am sure I will lover her as well -- she is big, but not so big.

We have cruised on Allure already, we almost did not feel as if we were cruising.

Granted, the Allure is AMAZING but I'd suggest the Indy for the cost savings, the ports and the ship's size. Allure, IMHO is almost too big. I didn't care for having to pre-schedule almost everything which takes away from doing what you want, when you want ---the heart of a good vacation.

Thank you all for the replies. Definitely a difficult decision.

Just a quick question, if we end up choosing Indy, I have heard her shops are different than those usually on Royal's ships. Do they still sell the ship models? Does anyone know if the shops will change to the usual ones after her season in Europe since she will then be based year round out of the US?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Thank you all for the replies. Definitely a difficult decision.

Just a quick question, if we end up choosing Indy, I have heard her shops are different than those usually on Royal's ships. Do they still sell the ship models? Does anyone know if the shops will change to the usual ones after her season in Europe since she will then be based year round out of the US?

Correct, there's no logo shop on Indy. Royal has not announced plans for any changes in the stores on Indy.

We recently went through the exact same process and ended up with Indy - we are sailing the 8 day on March 28.

The Oasis was the early favorite, but I couldn't justify the cost for four people. And although my wife and I really want to do the southern itinerary, we didn't like the idea of getting the family to Puerto Rico.

So Indy won out and haven't regretted the decision, even though it will be our second cruise on Indy within six months. . .

We recently went through the exact same process and ended up with Indy - we are sailing the 8 day on March 28.

The Oasis was the early favorite, but I couldn't justify the cost for four people. And although my wife and I really want to do the southern itinerary, we didn't like the idea of getting the family to Puerto Rico.

So Indy won out and haven't regretted the decision, even though it will be our second cruise on Indy within six months. . .

Well if we end up choosing Indy, we will be cruising with you! We don't usually like to cruise around Easter, but due to some school restrictions, we have to this year. Thank for you input!

Too me this is a no lose situation. Since you've never been on a Freedom class, I think I would go for the 8 day and nice itinerary on INdy and save money. Allure and other Oasis class ships will still be there. I see you have been on Epic, so you do have some big ship experience.