Spa prices canyon ranch

milly5959

Here's the pricing. There is an 18% gratuity added. They also offer discounts to some services on port days. I had the 80 minute hot stone massage while in port for $109

Mary Lou

WOW! The hair cuts, trims and just a wash and blow out are outrageous! Can't they get someone who is affordable? I use to enjoy a manicure and hair trim, not any more...

Here's the pricing. There is an 18% gratuity added. They also offer discounts to some services on port days. I had the 80 minute hot stone massage while in port for $109

Mary Lou

Great Mary Lou...thanks for that xx

WOW! The hair cuts, trims and just a wash and blow out are outrageous! Can't they get someone who is affordable? I use to enjoy a manicure and hair trim, not any more...

Definitely agree with you! The wash and blow dry went up 50% from pre CR prices and didnt look any better. I usually give a large tip but not on top of 18% gratuity. But I think the price was almost $70 just for a wash and blow dry, which is more than I pay in Beverly Hills.:eek: I think it was more cost effective to get a trim or cut and blow dry but I do not let anyone but my regular hairdresser touch my hair with a scissors.

In May on Reflection, People were complaining so I was hoping they would come down a little at least. Will check it out again on Connie later this month but it looks like I will just have to bite the bullet and do it myself at those prices.

..rather than struggle in your room alone with your comb..

Who is full of fun?

Why not post a light-hearted request on your Roll Call..calling a talented hair stylist? Nail stylist/technican?

Out of 2000+ people, there could be like-minded souls equipped with their special combs and pins and curling iron..few laughs and drinks and new friends that appreciate the 'underground anti-establishment' economy. :p

There is no issue that guests cannot afford to pay for spa services and guests are trying to make some $$ on the side..it's the fun factor.

On roll call you can exchange names and set up a 'date' just like high school.

Have fun:cool:

Yellowhat

$90 for a manicure? $120 for a pedicure? :confused:

One less thing I will be doing on the cruise because Jaysus!!! The prices are outrageous. I was considering a few day passes to enjoy the steam room and sauna but having seen these prices, I can only imagine how much a day pass will be!

..rather than struggle in your room alone with your comb..

Who is full of fun?

Why not post a light-hearted request on your Roll Call..calling a talented hair stylist? Nail stylist/technican?

Out of 2000+ people, there could be like-minded souls equipped with their special combs and pins and curling iron..few laughs and drinks and new friends that appreciate the 'underground anti-establishment' economy. :p

There is no issue that guests cannot afford to pay for spa services and guests are trying to make some $$ on the side..it's the fun factor.

On roll call you can exchange names and set up a 'date' just like high school.

Have fun:cool:

Yellowhat

Cute idea...

BUT if i read the bolded part correctly..

Sadly, YES it is against the Terms & Conditions of one's Cruise Contract exchanging services for money

See if I can find the relative clause

If I read incorrectly (I appologize), and it is just a fun time no money exchanging hands... Then ya totally do-able.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Cute idea...

Sadly, YES it is against the Terms & Conditions of one's Cruise Contract exchanging services for money

If I read incorrectly (I appologize), and it is just a fun time no money exchanging hands... Then ya totally do-able.

Cheers!

You are correct and it is section 8a of the contract. Passengers are prohibited from marketing, advertising, promoting, providing or selling goods and services.

Cute idea...

Cheers!

T'hank you JohnB for your kind insight & comprehension. At no time would I challenge/question X Terms & Conditions. I have the highest respect to X. ..I just pictured the dear soul from California in her room struggling with her hair because she 'drew the line in the sand' with the spa $$. K.Regards to all Yellowhat..from Canada

While on the Equinox recently, I did use CR for 2 different services---a blow/dry on formal night as we were at the Captain's Table and then again for a massage. Yes, the prices were high. One of my complaints was that no receipt was given either time at the end. You just sign a receipt. With the previous company--Steiner, I always had a receipt at the end of the service. I had to wait until the expense showed up on my TV account to know exactly what the cost was--18% tip is much more than I give at home for a service. I was satisfied both times & the massage was wonderful. Thank goodness for OBC.