Upgrading From Basic To Premium Beverage Package

curtdesilets

We did too plus $100 OBC. That is why we were going to wait till boarding and use that to pay for part of it, but I know we will be refunded if we don't use all the OBC and usually we do use it up....all those little incidentals...not to mention that a few drinks will be more than $13 so it will cover the difference.

I may order some flowers for the room, they last all week and are really prettier than what we might have gotten in an AQ cabin. I hate Freesia!

I have upgraded ours pre cruise. Same with speciality restaurants. Simply to keep the final end of cruise bill down to almost nothing.
Agreed ! we bought the 5 night dining package before hand and got same price as if you book on board , next cruise is only 7 nights so will book 2 night in Tuscan Grill and 2 in Murano when we board to make sure we get a discount which they were doing on Reflection last month.Problem with a 4 night package is you cannot do 2 and 2 you have to use in Lawn Club and Qsine which we did not enjoy much as the others

Friends of ours just tried to upgrade to the premium package over the phone and were told by two different reps that they had to pay the full price even though they already had the classic package included with their cruise fare. Oh, and the second person told them that they had just had a price increase and now the premium package was $69 per night. Anyone else hear this? We were just going to wait until we got onboard to upgrade.

Friends of ours just tried to upgrade to the premium package over the phone and were told by two different reps that they had to pay the full price even though they already had the classic package included with their cruise fare. Oh, and the second person told them that they had just had a price increase and now the premium package was $69 per night. Anyone else hear this? We were just going to wait until we got onboard to upgrade.

As of this very minute the Classic & Premium Alcohol Pkgs on the Celebrity Website are listed as per usual... $ 49 & $ 59 US per night

As well, Celebrity tends to make Official Announcements about such changes either on their Website (News Section) or here on CC via there Social Media Person - CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES (Official Rep)

None of that has happened either

So my next Question is where are your friends living? Because, HOW pricing can be interpreted differently depending what country you are in

In NA, the prices are listed BEFORE the Mandatory Grats of 15%... In some countries prices are shown as Grats Included... Although in the end we all pay virtually the same amount

Sorry, but all combined the info you have stated seems off to me

Not to say there hasn't been a change

But the last price increase / restructure was earlier ths year (May 2014) so doubtful there would be another so soon

Cheers!

Ps... Just thought of something... When upgrading from Classic to Premium under the 123Go / Pick Your Perk Promos one has to be very specific about that with the phone reps. I know that the correct title under 123Go was "123Go Classic to Premium Upgrade"... Some folks just called in and said they wanted an upgrade, and then ended up paying full price for the premium... Took them awhile to get it sorted.

Don't know who your friends spoke with TA or Celebrity Rep... But I would be prone to tell them to call again. Sometimes it happens that a different rep at a different time can make a difference

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Update to our friends' situation: they called again and spoke to a third rep who was able to get them the upgrade at the correct price. The third rep said she had no idea what the other two were talking about. Fun times with celebrity customer service!

Update to our friends' situation: they called again and spoke to a third rep who was able to get them the upgrade at the correct price. The third rep said she had no idea what the other two were talking about. Fun times with celebrity customer service!

Glad to hear it worked out.

Sure was an "odd" occurrence.

Cheers!

I don't need any more stress when I cruise. I was stressing big time on our last cruise as our flight was scheduled to arrive in Seattle @ 1pm for a 4pm sailing, and there were 3 major activities going on in downtown Seattle. I was under the impression because of Homeland Security that if you do not arrive at the pier and get checked in 1 hour prior to sailing, you do not sail. Turns out that wasn't the case and we made it on board with no problems. I might not want to schedule such a tight window again, just to alleviate that unnecessary stress!

NEVER FLY TO EMBARKATION PORT ON DAY OF CRUISE. If you flight is cancelled, odds are you will not be able to get a flight the same day. More likely, your luggage could be lost or delayed. We made that mistake on one of our early cruises and my wife had not luggage for 4 days. It eventually caught up with the ship, only because we had booked air thru the cruise line and someone onboard worked on getting it delivered to one of the ports. Imagine the phone bill if you try to do that on your own. Travel insurance helps but you still need to make everty effort to catch up to the ship at one of the ports. TALK ABOUT STESS!

NEVER FLY TO EMBARKATION PORT ON DAY OF CRUISE. If you flight is cancelled, odds are you will not be able to get a flight the same day. More likely, your luggage could be lost or delayed. We made that mistake on one of our early cruises and my wife had not luggage for 4 days. It eventually caught up with the ship, only because we had booked air thru the cruise line and someone onboard worked on getting it delivered to one of the ports. Imagine the phone bill if you try to do that on your own. Travel insurance helps but you still need to make everty effort to catch up to the ship at one of the ports. TALK ABOUT STESS!

I 100% Agree

Before our first cruise, we were told this (we are Canadians, and it was January). Made sense then, and since seeing how cruising works we now will forever plan to fly in a day early no matter where we cruise from... Tons less stressful

Same reason we also fly out a day later

A trick we figured out accidentally as on our first cruise we could not get a flight home on D-Day

Best thing ever... Not having to join the mad rush crazy stress of getting off the ship

Stress IMO can completely ruin an otherwise great cruise vacation (I go to the Caribbean to decompress / relax mahn ;) )

Cheers!

Ouch!

After my stressful embarkation due to scheduling the flight way too close to sailaway, I noticed something peculiar in Juneau. We were getting off the ship to explore the town, when I saw a man and his wife boarding the ship with their luggage. He looked quite stressed. Apparently they missed the boarding in Seattle and had to fly up to Juneau to catch the remainder of the cruise, 2 days later. Yikes! :eek:

NEVER FLY TO EMBARKATION PORT ON DAY OF CRUISE. If you flight is cancelled, odds are you will not be able to get a flight the same day.

I would like to point out that flying the day before might have the same problem. If flights are few or daily, it is just unlikely that you will be able to get a flight before a cruise ship leaves as traveling the day of embarkation.

More likely, your luggage could be lost or delayed. We made that mistake on one of our early cruises and my wife had not luggage for 4 days. It eventually caught up with the ship, only because we had booked air thru the cruise line and someone onboard worked on getting it delivered to one of the ports. Imagine the phone bill if you try to do that on your own. Travel insurance helps but you still need to make everty effort to catch up to the ship at one of the ports. TALK ABOUT STESS!

IMO, the only benefit of flying early (at least from the various "travel delay" fronts) is that it is far more likely that you will be able to be reunited with your luggage if they get diverted, than it will be to get to a cruise port before the ship sails if your flight is canceled.

I would like to point out that flying the day before might have the same problem. If flights are few or daily, it is just unlikely that you will be able to get a flight before a cruise ship leaves as traveling the day of embarkation.

I always fly two days early, partially for that reason. It also depends on airport you are flying out of. We fly out of Philadelphia and there are plenty of flights every day. Also note that leaving at 7 pm the day before is not much better than leaving the next day.

IMO, the only benefit of flying early (at least from the various "travel delay" fronts) is that it is far more likely that you will be able to be reunited with your luggage if they get diverted, than it will be to get to a cruise port before the ship sails if your flight is canceled.

See above!

[quote name='3dog']I would like to point out that flying the day before might have the same problem. If flights are few or daily, it is just unlikely that you will be able to get a flight before a cruise ship leaves as traveling the day of embarkation.

IMO, the only benefit of flying early (at least from the various "travel delay" fronts) is that it is far more likely that you will be able to be reunited with your luggage if they get diverted, than it will be to get to a cruise port before the ship sails if your flight is canceled.[/QUOTE]

Lets try this again.

I always fly two days early, partially for that reason. It also depends on airport you are flying out of. We fly out of Philadelphia and there are plenty of flights every day. Also note that leaving at 7 pm the day before is not much better than leaving the next day.