Anytime Dining Room on Crown Princess?

Sunny AZ Girl

Can anyone tell me which dining room on the Crown Princess is used for Anytime Dining? Thanks in advance.:)

Hi Ginny,we met once at an(Arizona cruisers) get together in Sun Lakes.

Wow, your cruise on the Crown is a bit far away,but I am going on The Crown in December and can give you the answer of the AT dining room. Does it ever change year to year what dining room they use for traditional or Anytime?

Julie

Hi Ginny,we met once at an(Arizona cruisers) get together in Sun Lakes.

Wow, your cruise on the Crown is a bit far away,but I am going on The Crown in December and can give you the answer of the AT dining room. Does it ever change year to year what dining room they use for traditional or Anytime?

Julie

Hi Julie! I remember you.:) Don't be a stranger on the AZ Cruisers board. We still have lots of parties and lunches (any occasion to go out to eat, and we take it, lol!)

Yes, I just booked the Crown so far ahead to secure the cabin we wanted. We are fully booked for next year and have European hopes for 2017, so in 2016 we wanted to go "economy" with just one week and be able to drive to port. I booked us in Anytime Dining, and we also have a cabin right off the Centrum elevators. If we are going to be in the far aft dining room as Anytime Diners I will switch to Traditional Dining. We tried ATD on the Jewel OTS last May and liked it, so we thought we would try it on Princess, too.:)

Usually there is only one traditional on deck 6 aft, but one of the two AT dining rooms may be used for an early traditional seating and then converted to AT for the remainder of the evening. This is the same on just aboiut every ship with 3 main dining rooms.

Usually there is only one traditional on deck 6 aft, but one of the two AT dining rooms may be used for an early traditional seating and then converted to AT for the remainder of the evening. This is the same on just aboiut every ship with 3 main dining rooms.

Good to know! Thanks.:)

It has been quite awhile since we have been on a Princess ship, and we never did do AT Dining. Can you reserve your dining time in advance or is it a day by day thing?

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Good to know! Thanks.:)

It has been quite awhile since we have been on a Princess ship, and we never did do AT Dining. Can you reserve your dining time in advance or is it a day by day thing?

That depends on the ship and the Maitre D' on your sailing. You can sometimes reserve for the week if you find a wait staff you enjoy, but that somewhat takes away from the anytime aspect if a table is reserved that may have been used for other anytime diners (depending on how long it is blocked off for prior to your arrival).

Other ships require you to reserve day of via the dine line if you wanted to do a reservation for a specific time.

Just like everything, the answer really is it depends. :)