Chef's Table review just of the Vision of the Sea

phnett

I doubt you would feel out of place. However, you could probably find others who want to go by checking your roll call.

Good suggestion.

Our Chef's table experience had 12 people, all couples. Our experience was on Allure of the Seas.

Edited by shipshape sam

4th night we booked the Chef's Table.

Now I had seen this talked about on the boards, but no real reviews that i could find nor could I find a place on line to pre book this venue.

Not sure why??

However, I saw the advertisement in the daily compass for the venue and quickly ask Efren the concierge about booking this for us and cancel our reservation to Givonni's for this option. He did this no problem, and said look for the invite to come to our room with info for the Galley tour that same morning as the dinner reservations. Efren explained that the menu would be pre selected by the chef and each course would be paired with wines for one price 65$

Well worth the price!

We had never done a Galley tour so this was a treat for us as well. How they can make so many meals is amazing in it self. We also got to meet the Chef during the tour as well.

So the Chef's table event works like this:

On the day of the dinner you will get a invite to do the Galley tour:

and a Invite for dinner, to meet at the R bar at 6:15. Dress is casual, however my hubby and I dress for dinner so I had on a short but nice dress he wore a blue blazer and dress khakis no tie.

At the R Bar area we are met with a glass of Champagne by our host waiter for the evening Maximino Mondrangon. A well educated on food and wine Sommelier with a master in culinary degree " Maxi" is from the Philippines. He went took us then to the MDR, to a back corner room. one side of the room had windows and the room had a long table that could set up to 12 at it. There we also met the Chef Table Manager

Luis Pimentel from Peru.

The table was well appointed and had name cards at each setting for us, Maxi directed each of us to our boy girl setting. Not diss similar to what we have had at the Hotel directors table before.

After Maxi did his formal welcome and introduction on himself and what we could expect tonight, the chef came in. Courtney Han Skyers from Jamaica. The chef also gave a introductions of himself and his education and experiences that lead him to this ship as one of the head Chef's on the ship for this venu and for Giovonies

Through out the event, Maxi would review the paired wine and then the Chef would come in and review the course each one by one. Every course was wonderful one lead right to the next. They were not to large in size but by the end I still very full, too full to finish.

We started with : Confit of Atlantic Salmon. With pea puree, poached lobster tail with shellfish oil fresh fennel baby lettus and snow pea pods.

Paired with Bottega Vinaia, Pinot Grigio

Terntio, Italy.

Next course, Soup

Celeviac Cream Double Duck Consommé served with a

Toasted duck Confit Brioche Sandwich

Paired Wine: Michel Leon, Pinot Blanc, D'Alsace, France

Next: Seared Diver Scallops

on brown butter hollandaise , fried capers

Paired Wine: Allan Scott, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand

Next: Slow Roasted Beef Tenderloin

Artichokes puree miniature fondant potatoes, baby vegetables, Shiraz and shalllot reduction

Paired Wine: Greg Norman Estate, Shiraz, Limestone Coast, Australia

Last: Caramelized Pear over Nougat Montelimar Parfait

With biscotti syrup and forest berries

Paired wine:

Errazuris, Sauvignon Blanc Late Harvest Casablanca Valley, Chile ( dessert wine)

This was a spectacular event and worth every penny.

Thank you Maxi and Chef Skyers

This was the exact same menu that we were served on Brilliance back in May. It was a great experience.

Phnett, thanks for the great review. We have the Chef's Table booked when we go on the Vision in January. I didn't know about the gallery tour though. On the day we're reserved we have a ship's excursion so I'm wondering if Chef's Table is better done on a sea day? I'd hate to miss out on a tour!

Phnett, thanks for the great review. We have the Chef's Table booked when we go on the Vision in January. I didn't know about the gallery tour though. On the day we're reserved we have a ship's excursion so I'm wondering if Chef's Table is better done on a sea day? I'd hate to miss out on a tour!

If they have more than one chef table events on your trip, you might can ask to do the galley tour with them?

Our tour was at 10 am the morning of.

However there were more people than just the 12 from the chef table, so not sure if others were from the all inlcusive tours they have now as well or if somone just gave them a invite.

thank you for posting your Chefs Table review with the pics.....made our decision an easy one....just received confirmation from the Concierge will be dining at the Chefs Table next week aboard Vision on our formal night.....we both are looking forward to this Epicurean delight.....:)

thank you for posting your Chefs Table review with the pics.....made our decision an easy one....just received confirmation from the Concierge will be dining at the Chefs Table next week aboard Vision on our formal night.....we both are looking forward to this Epicurean delight.....:)

Great tell Maxi that the Browns gave the experancie and Him a rave reivew on CC ! have a Great time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there a way to book the Chef's Table in advance of embarking?

I was able to book in advance of my Serenade B2B in April. The price online was $70. Onboard, it was $95.

We booked one for each leg, however, we did not get a galley tour along with the dinner. :confused:

4th night we booked the Chef's Table.

Now I had seen this talked about on the boards, but no real reviews that i could find nor could I find a place on line to pre book this venue.

Not sure why??

However, I saw the advertisement in the daily compass for the venue and quickly ask Efren the concierge about booking this for us and cancel our reservation to Givonni's for this option. He did this no problem, and said look for the invite to come to our room with info for the Galley tour that same morning as the dinner reservations. Efren explained that the menu would be pre selected by the chef and each course would be paired with wines for one price 65$

Do you recall where in the Compass? Was it listed in the activities, or listed somewhere else? We are on Vision next month, and currently its online for $95. So, we're going to hold out for a lower price on the ship. If not, we'll probably pass. Any info to help us find the deal will be much appreciated.

Booking this on an upcoming Serenade sailing. Table is for 14. Price is $75 pp.

Chef's Table does NOT include a Galley Tour.... That's something they offer suite guests... No relation to the Chef's Table.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
I really want to book this for our upcoming cruise, but my husband does not eat any type of seafood. Is that a dietary restriction we can mention, and if so would it be rude to do so?

You are the customer, so I don't think it's rude to mention your dietary preferences. However, I would visit the restaurant and mention your preferences before booking to see if they can accommodate you.

• 2 weeks later...

We also did the Chefs table on the vision. There was only 8 of us. Maxi did an excellent job and was very knowledgable. The room was lovely, we had the same menus as you did. The chandelier was made out of eating utensils. We were not invited to the galley tour as there were passengers with norovirus so it was cancelled. As soon as we purchased the wine package, Maxi came to our table to tell us about the Chefs Table. I am not sure if that was a trigger or not. We had always wanted to try it, and with the special pricing, it was well worth it.

ML

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to bump this because I have a cruise on the Vision coming up in January, but the Chef's Table menu is a little bit more disappointing than other offerings I've seen.

These are the 5 courses they are offering me:

Spinach and Ricotta Blini

With graved lax and smoked halibut

Soup Trio:

Sunchoke cream, asparagus consommé,

tomato soup with basil foam

Miso Brushed North Atlantic Black Cod

Sautéed baby cor n, bok choi, parsnip purée, candied

meyers lemon and carrot buerre blanc

Yorkville Highlands, California Pink Roasted Beef Tenderloin*

Black truffle spaetzle, asparagus, yellow baby

carrots, and port wine reduction

Orange Crunch Parfait

With mascarpone fruit zabaglione

Chilled Disaronno, Amaretto Liquor

---

Is that what other people experienced? And if I asked, do you think it's possible to change out an entree to a previous one I've seen at another chef's table?

I ate at the chef's table on the Vision earlier this month. We had the menu first posted in this link, but someone had been before and had the menu you just posted. We were told they have an A and B menu. It wasn't a popular thing to do on our cruise, they held it 2 evenings. My advice would be to wait until you are onboard and ask about the menu. We weren't going to go, but ended up getting a deal we couldn't pass up. It was a lovely evening and hopefully Maxi will still be there!

Chef's Table does NOT include a Galley Tour.... That's something they offer suite guests... No relation to the Chef's Table.

Ours included a Galley Tour on the Vision, however it was the next morning, rather than the morning of the dinner.

We were able to book online before the cruise, so we got the discount and credit for booking multiple restaurants ahead of time.

I ate at the chef's table on the Vision earlier this month. We had the menu first posted in this link, but someone had been before and had the menu you just posted. We were told they have an A and B menu. It wasn't a popular thing to do on our cruise, they held it 2 evenings. My advice would be to wait until you are onboard and ask about the menu. We weren't going to go, but ended up getting a deal we couldn't pass up. It was a lovely evening and hopefully Maxi will still be there!

Thanks for your response. Can you explain how you got a deal you couldn't pass up? And what they offered? Also, are you diamond or any special status? I am lowly gold.

We just did Chef's Table on Legend, we had the menu described by OP, except Veal was the entree. We were sold the experience by a waiter in Chop's the first night and only paid $70, not $95 as advertised. The menu's are posted on the touch screens around ship, but the wines were different. It took over 3 hours, but enjoyed every minute. All in all a fabulous night and we will try and do it on Oasis in April if they have it.

Thanks for your response. Can you explain how you got a deal you couldn't pass up? And what they offered? Also, are you diamond or any special status? I am lowly gold.

Status had nothing to do with it. We were sitting in the centrum/R Bar area, which is where the Chef's Table diners meet. When we were asked if we were there for Chefs Table and said no, we were offered 20% off of the unadvertised $65 price to join them that evening. We had another reservation and couldn't, but still had the 20% off for the night that we did go.