Oasis Prohibition Party

Just booked the Prohibition Party and have a few questions:

1. What kind of drinks do they offer and how many?

2. Is there any food?

3. Does most of the party revolve around dancing? I read someone who said there was a lot of dancing. My husband is shy and doesn't dance much.

4. Would it be less fun for a couple since we're not in a big group and socializing?

• 4 weeks later...

We did it on the Allure and had a great time. We didn't dance just sat back and enjoyed the environment. Drinks were flowing but with secret names like Lemonade or Tea. There was a table of snacks, mostly desserts. They gave everyone a bet sheet to bet on horses. Won't tell ya how that one ends up so I don't spoil it for anyone. My guess is only 10% of the people danced. The venue is small. They had a picture session where you could get your picture taken with the Royal Flappers. There was also a face painter & balloon artist. We dressed up for the time period (most people were) which made a great picture that night by the car in the Promenade.

Keep in mind this was on the Allure and a few years ago so things could have changed by now.

BonVoyage

Dawna

2. Is there any food?

3. Does most of the party revolve around dancing? I read someone who said there was a lot of dancing. My husband is shy and doesn't dance much.

4. Would it be less fun for a couple since we're not in a big group and socializing?

we went on the Allure but this thread seems to give information specific to the one on Oasis. It might help. My husband and went by ourselves and had a good time

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1899225

Gail

This may sound ticky tacky but we partially chose Oasis earlier this year because of the prohibition party. Spent money on costumes, looked forward to it all day, alas the party was canceled on the spot. They didn't give an official reason other than 'technical difficulties', but we could tell it was canceled because of lack of participation. There were only 20 registered, but those 20 were really into it and mostly quite grumpy.

Ok, rant over. If it goes off, have fun!

2. Is there any food?

My answers are based on our Allure experience. They offer gin based drinks which were representative of the times but you could get whatever you wanted. They offered finger food and desserts. At it's height, maybe half the room was dancing. The ships dancers will pose for pictures with you. Jazz on 4 is a small intimate venue so you can't help but meet others. We were a group of four (son, daughter-in-law, wife, and me) and we chatted it up with other couples. We had a blast.

We did the Pro Party on the Allure last year and LOVED it. Hubby initially wasn't sure if he wanted to and didn't want to dress up. But the more he read the more he wanted to. You are at the PERFECT time to consider dressing up. Wait till November first and go to a Halloween Store and buy what you need 1/2 off. Got hubby his Pin Stripe suit. I bought a few accessories (wig, etc..). I actually made my own dress. All told I spent less than $40 for my costume and about $25 (I think) for hubbies.

Hubby doesn't dance (so he claims) but he was 'encouraged' to get up and dance with the Royal Flappers and he seemed to enjoy it. Some people danced, lots didn't. And not all came in costume. Actually, some people came thinking it was only a jazz band show with drinks so they were surprised when they saw everyone in costume. We enjoyed sitting and listening to the jazz band too.

Great time. Hubby said it was the highlight of the trip. Who would have thought.

Erika

We are signed up for March. So any suggestions on how to "period" dress without taking a much of extra stuff. I plan to rent a tux anyway so I can probably accessorize it. Also, suggestions for DW as she is freaking out about what to wear.

Which sail date in March? We signed up in March too :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2. Is there any food?

We did it on the Allure- since they had Chicago as the show- the theme was carried out at the party- some of the Chicago cast were part of the "show" at the party- very cute-it was an interactive program with guests and cast. Most people dressed up in roaring 20's type attire- You can get inexpensive items on line- my DH got a hat-vest-and fake spats on line- I wore a flapper type dress, beads and hat- The food was desserts and some canapes- the drinks- were supposed to be following the theme- some alcohol and for those who do not drink soda- It was a fun way to spend an evening- we will probably do it again when we sail on the Allure next year. Enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic

We're doing the Prohibition Party on the Oasis on the February 7th sail. We opted not to do it on our June Allure cruise, and we're sorry. We've heard great things about it. I found a $15 flapper dress at an estate sale. Halloween shop quality, but fine for the purpose, and I'm sure that dressing up will make the event more fun.

• 4 months later...

My group and I are going in Oasis in April. We wanted to book the prohibition party, but it sold out before we did. I was told by royal that we can try to book it once onboard. However Someone posted cruise compass from earlier this month showing that the prohibition party and the quest are both on day 6. I beleive prohibition is 10-12. Quest, which is the best game on any cruise, starts letting in at 11. Now I feel like I have to choose.