Caribbean back to back cruise query

DYKWIA

Hi

Looking at possibly doing a back to back cruise next year - Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean 1 week and Western Caribbean 1 week (either before or after).

How likely is it that the menu in the MDR will be the same one week to the next? I'm guessing there might be a repeat of certain shows and some entertainment.

The menu will be the same as will the entertainment unless an entertainer is leaving and another one is arriving for several cruises. Since you have several choices for food, it shouldn't be a problem.

We are doing B2B on the Eclipse for the month of January. Just printed out our express pass for the first cruise.

Have a great vacation/

Hi

Looking at possibly doing a back to back cruise next year - Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean 1 week and Western Caribbean 1 week (either before or after).

How likely is it that the menu in the MDR will be the same one week to the next? I'm guessing there might be a repeat of certain shows and some entertainment.

Hi:)...you will be seeing the same menu on both cruises. The menus

are the same across the fleet.

The entertainment will also be the same. (Unless someone's contract

happens to be up at the end of cruise #1). But the shows will be

the same.

Edited by Lois R

Celebrity's MDRs actually has 14 Daily Menues... plus the Everyday Classic Menu

But what order they are used in and when they repeat is up to the Head of Food & Bev and the MDR Management Team on each ship (as I understand it, from research I did back in 2012... And based on the Ship's itinerary... Ie Sea Days vs Port Days, timing of Formal Nights etc)

So yes it is possible that on a B2B Cruise that both weeks could be identical... Or not

If there are cruises doing the same two itineraries before you go, I suggest that you check in with them (probably easiest on the Roll Call Board to see what was served on each cruise)

Although, again no guarantees that what they had (and in what order) would be the same for your cruise

It really is a crap shoot, as this is one of those things that each's Ship's Staff can set as they choose (although be it done long in advance for ordering etc)

Hope this helps (some what)

Cheers!

Ps... Thought you might appreciate reading the Original Topic by UNIXGEEK from 2012 (although the link to the photographed Menues no longer works). However the discussion is quite informative. As well as the update by PATTI1995 on Page 3 where she printed out the Menu Details at the time.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1563557

Edited by Sloop-JohnB
Edit to add the PS & related link

Thanks for all your help - we've just done a 14 day cruise on the Eclipse. One of the high lights was eating in the MDR on most nights and having a different menu every night.

At the moment, the possibility of a repeated menu as well as repeated enetertainment over the 14 days isn't that attractive.

I did spot something on our recent Eclipse tour which might indicate that small menu changes occur from time to time. The one night I was given a menu and duly picked what I wanted. When I discussed my selection with my wife and the others on the table it quickly became aparant that I had been given the wrong menu. The waitress said that the menu I had been given mistakingly was a formal night menu from a previous cruise and would be ours on the next formal night. When the next (and final) formal night came up we did indeed get that menu but one of the items Oysters Rockerfeller, I had initially picked a couple of days before, was not on the menu.

Hi

Yes the menues in the MDR will be the same. Just pick something different on the second leg of your Cruise. Enjoy.

We had done back-to-back Caribbean cruises on RCI and one thing we did to make our second week main dining room experience even better than the first week was requesting the same head waiter for both weeks; then tipping him extra at the end of the first week. For the second week lobster night I was able to get 3 lobsters with no problem! :cool: