Recommendation for Guided tour inside sights, not just a driver

lawgirl

Hello. We need to find a driver/guide...or driver and guide...in Rome. We want a guide to talk us inside the Vatican and the colosseum , etc., not just drop us off. I know there is a ton of info, but any suggestions appreciated!!

Just down the board is the HUGE Rome in Limo thread. They provide drivers and guides for various places, including the Vatican. If you do some reading on the thread, you will see several guides mentioned by name. We had Sarah, who was wonderful.

Many of the other companies have recommendations as well...

Hello. We need to find a driver/guide...or driver and guide...in Rome. We want a guide to talk us inside the Vatican and the colosseum , etc., not just drop us off. I know there is a ton of info, but any suggestions appreciated!!

Rick Steves recommends "the roman guy." They offer the option of driver plus licensed guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Flatbush Flyer, you might note this paragraph from the board rules:

You can't recommend a tour you haven't been on!

Members may no longer make recommendations for tours they haven't taken. If someone asks for a tour recommendation in a port, you can only recommend a tour if you've actually taken the tour; not if you've researched tours and plan to take a tour or someone told you about a good tour. You have to have taken the tour in order to recommend it.

Flatbush Flyer, you might note this paragraph from the board rules:

You can't recommend a tour you haven't been on!

Members may no longer make recommendations for tours they haven't taken. If someone asks for a tour recommendation in a port, you can only recommend a tour if you've actually taken the tour; not if you've researched tours and plan to take a tour or someone told you about a good tour. You have to have taken the tour in order to recommend it.

OK. Let me reword my post:

Rick Steves Italy 2014 guidebook recommends a handful of tour providers including at least one that provides the option of driver and guide. See pages 858-861.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums