Reservations at Chops?

When will I be able to make dining reservations for Chops Grille on Freedom of the Sea? I went into cruise planner and booked an excursion, but it won't let me make dining or activities reservations. We've been on 2 RC cruises before, but only booked excursions before we left home.

RC customer service told me to start trying 90 days out. I was actually able to make a reservation about 110 days out - but my options were only 6pm, 7:30 or later. So either others got in before I did, or, most likely, many of those spots are being held for onboard reservations (or people with a better status? this will only be my 2nd cruise with Royal Caribbean.) Regardless, I say just keep trying....

I have been trying to book dining for 2 months. We sail in 64 days and Cruise Planner is STILL NOT WORKING !!!!! I have been on the phone to RCL every day for the past 2 weeks. I get conflicting stories each time. At this point, I do not really care. They can take my money or not !! I will be on that ship !

Edited by iltutcruiser

I am sailing on the liberty in April 2015. Booked both chops and Portafinos today. They also charged my CC the full amount today. Not sure if all the ships are the same but that's about 6 months out. I was also able to book the my time dining times I wanted.

You can also book the restaurant onboard. They hold back some percentage of openings for onboard booking.

This.

We always eat in a specialty restaurant at least once or twice a cruise. I have never made a reservation until the day of. Basically we look at the MDR menu for that night, if we don't like what we see, we go to a specialty restaurant. There are always openings. I have done this on the Oasis, Freedom and Voyager classes.