FLL post cruise - What activity to do and what to do with luggage?

Rewind

Hello all,

We are taking a January 2015 cruise out of FLL and will be returning on a Sunday but our flight does not depart until 7pm. Any suggestions as to what we should do for the day and how we should handle our luggage?

I know airlines will not allow you to check bags until a few hours before a flight - would a cruise line excursion be the best option? Or would it just be easier to rent a car to do what we want and keep luggage in the vehicle?

Thank you.

Edited by Rewind
Better title

Hello all,

We are taking a January 2015 cruise out of FLL and will be returning on a Sunday but our flight does not depart until 7pm. Any suggestions as to what we should do for the day and how we should handle our luggage?

I know airlines will not allow you to check bags until a few hours before a flight - would a cruise line excursion be the best option? Or would it just be easier to rent a car to do what we want and keep luggage in the vehicle?

Thank you.

We will try and get an early disembarkation, and head to the taxi line, and on to the airport to pick up a rental car. The rental car area is across the street from Terminal 1 (Southwest Airline Terminal); we exit there and head inside and over the walkway above the street.

If you pick up your car by 9:00am and turn it in at say, 5:00pm that gives you a bunch of time to explore. We can get most of our luggage in the trunk of the car, and spend the day -- at the beach; one of the Malls; lunch on Las Olas; Mall + Movie at the Aventura Mall; even Miami is within reach.

Make it part of your holiday! Nothing more depressing than spending hours at the airport after a wonderful cruise.:rolleyes::)

Enjoy!

Kel

If renting a car or taking a cruise line excursion are out of the question, each terminal at FLL has a Bags to Go (http://www.bagstogo.net) where you can store your luggage. Then you can use taxis to visit Fort Lauderdale. Check out http://www.sunny.org on things to do, local attractions, restaurants, and transportation.

The more I think about it, the more I agree with the rental car option. I think it would end up being cheaper and easier than two taxi rides and then we aren't committed to any specific activity.

Thanks.