M Class stern AQ vs. S2 next to elevators

hulamoon

Sorry, this isn't answering the OP question but do Sky Suites on S class get to eat in blu now?!

We had a SS2 for our honeymoon and it really annoyed me that Aqua Class got some additional (and better) perks than we got for less money.

Personally, I wouldn't have a SS again unless it was an amazing deal.

All suites get access to Blu on a space available basis though they're rarely turned down in most's experience. As of April there will be a new suite restaurant. Lots of other threads on that.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

My personal opinion on hoping for a really nice upgrade on a GTY - the cabin assignments are supposed to be random. I believe they really are not. Whenever I read about someone getting a fantastic upgrade, they almost always (maybe always??) are cruisers new to Celebrity. They want to WOW them, and perhaps give them the impression those type of upgrades are common, which we all know they are not. For it to happen to a regular X cruiser is rarest of the rare. Just giving this opinion because OP was mentioning hoping for a big upgrade (but not necessarily expecting one). A category or two upgrade? More common and a possibility, but these are usually more related to what floor you are on than anything else. Always a chance, but........

Hoping for upgrade is like believing there really is an upgrade fairy for sure. I wouldn't count on the upgrade fairy to be my dive buddy, or hold breathe waiting for one to pass the regulator.

Thanks for the vote of confidence dor aft AQ!

Jenna...checking on rates this morning. But for a week I can get Royal without benefits for 2000pp. I saw a recent thread of someone losing a FCC but I can't see he how I would lose that and would likely gain 140 for double increase. And lose drink package. We are not huge drinkers mostly get it because the Obc alternative isn't that great.

SS is 1600 to retain benefits and get accessible around 1200 to lose drink package.

Thanks for the vote of confidence dor aft AQ!

Jenna...checking on rates this morning. But for a week I can get Royal without benefits for 2000pp. I saw a recent thread of someone losing a FCC but I can't see he how I would lose that and would likely gain 140 for double increase. And lose drink package. We are not huge drinkers mostly get it because the Obc alternative isn't that great.

SS is 1600 to retain benefits and get accessible around 1200 to lose drink package.

Decisions, decision! You should be able to push the TA for another ~200 in OBC for the upgrade to the RS, maybe that's enoigh to spend the 2000 and and have enough for drinks without the package?

Are you elite? That would give you some free internet, and some other benefits.

Plus the specialty dinner...

Not sure it's worth it, but it might help...

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

YVR, were you bothered by that light over the stairs next to you? How about the people using the stairs/door? I thought I would use that short-cut more than I did, but it was hard to open that heavy door when you had a cup of coffee or something in your hand. Still convenient to have it there.

This was a B2B2B cruise and the previous cruise we were in #1136 (last cabin on the starboard side and just across the hall from #1130. I was sick on that cruise and spent a lot of time in the cabin. Yes, we did notice that door banging enough that I wanted to put a sign on it. People can close it softly if they had a mind to. The weather was coolish as we were approaching Alaska from the Orient, and we were saying if you stayed in that cabin in warm weather, I think it could be quite a bother. Oddly, we never heard the door in #1130. I didn't really notice a light either. HTH.

Decisions, decision! You should be able to push the TA for another ~200 in OBC for the upgrade to the RS, maybe that's enoigh to spend the 2000 and and have enough for drinks without the package?

Are you elite? That would give you some free internet, and some other benefits.

Plus the specialty dinner...

Not sure it's worth it, but it might help...

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Yes we are. We would lose 25 bonus points too. But we gain more by upgrade.

Yes we are. We would lose 25 bonus points too. But we gain more by upgrade.

You end up net 3, but I wouldn't worry too much about points if you're already elite, and getting the RS elite benefits doesn't do much either. It does mean maybe the drink package isn't quite as valuable.

Happy sailing,

Jenna